Hell on Earth

The next day, Izuku was shocked, no appalled, no... absolutely fucking horrified when he saw what Class 1A would be... enduring in order to strengthen their quirks. Yes, quirks were muscles and needed to be used to be stronger. Yes, going beyond one's limits was what a hero does on the regular... but seriously?! He closed his eyes, before opening them on the scene before him. Class B was fortunate to not yet be here, because Izuku would've doubted their ability to survive. His eyes wandered over to all of the different students. Denki Kaminari: Strapped to a car battery. Now, as an electrification quirk, he did need to handle stronger voltages... but that, clearly wasn't his problem. Izuku knew that he could make in excess of ten million volts at a whim. No, what he needed was training in order to make the method of electrification even smoother than before. He needed control lessons. Not power lessons. He could already see the boy struggle to stay conscious, a hairs breath from his whey mode. Unable to bear looking at him any longer, especially with the new electrical burns on his hands, he turned to another station. There were two food quirk users in the class, and they were basically forced through someting that John Doe from that old movie would've done. Compounding the fact that Rikido Sato had no real reason for consuming as much sugar as possible at the current time... as he desperately needed to figure a way to get that sugar below the stomach, he was going to damage his brain through overuse if he wasn't careful. Meanwhile... Momo Yaoyorozu: Forced to eat and produce items quickly... that alone didn't make sense... as she would have to first digest the food. Then have them reconstitute as fat, before creating the objects. Not unless her digestive system was completely overtuned to be able to do so, which was very, very unlikely. That, or her method of production was completely different to what they say... then that wasn't training. It was torture. It just did not make sense, and they weren't the only ones. At all. After witnessing the poor excuse for a human, Mineta, forced to bleed to improve... he asked Aizawa, "Why...? Why is this... happening? You realize Yaoyorozu can't digest the food that quickly..." It was a fact. The human digestive tract cannot be trained to digest faster. Not without stronger acid, or more virulent gut bacteria. It was just an impossibility, even with quirks. The human template can only do so much.

"Her quirk does enhance her digestive system, I believe. The rest are obvious."
He watched as Hagakure, the light refracting girl, was forced to help train Mezo Shoji in detection. That was not training her quirk, which, by the way, was misdiagnosed. Her quirk wasn't invisibility, but light refraction, and she could actually be training how to utilize that. Seeing the waste that was considered training, he stated outright, "No, they're not. I analyzed quirks constantly before I was rejected from the support course. This isn't optimizing their strengths. This is torture... for many of them." He observed Todoroki, forced to heat, freeze, and reheat water in rapid intervals, all to keep it at a constant temperature. While it did work on training his quirk speed... when he got tired, it would have disasterous results. More freezerburn, and he already has the scar on his face. Ochako's... well, her greatest failing was nausea, so making her tumble down a hill over and over made sense. Katsuki, though... his made no sense. He was forced to stick his hands in boiling water, to encourage sweating. Theoretically, he'd try to cause explosions in the water... but that's not how nitroglycerin works. It's insoluable with water, going to the surface... and if it sparked, his face would take the brunt of it. As he watched... Izuku muttered, "And they call me a villain..." Aizawa looked at him, and he spoke louder, "Seriously... when you all just torture them and call it training. At least Ochako's makes sense. Tokoyami's tenuously..." He flinched when he heard the roar of the shadow beast in a cave. He was given nothing to work with... and his sentient quirk refused to listen in the dark. He didn't even have a flashlight to defend himself...

Whoever came up with these... "training methods" were either sadistic, incompetent, or a bit of both. At least, that's what Izuku thought as he watched on.