Answering some questions.

I figured it had been a while since I did this. Every time someone sends me a message I don't have time to answer, I write it down for a chapter like this.

So today I'll be answering a couple of your questions.

***

1. If you could organize an event, what kind of event would it be?

I think I would organize a gathering for people who suffer from depression, anxiety or plainly need someone in their life who understands. I'd ask a couple of people I know who sing and play guitar, cook some food and buy some drinks. Then I'd bring everyone together and make sure everybody leaves having someone they can share their feelings with.

2. How do you find peace?

I find peace by listening to music, reading or writing down my feelings. Most of the times when I am sad or hyped up, I don't go outside, because that most of the times makes me feel worse (I blame my social anxiety). I just sit inside, sometimes call if someone can come over and chill. Tell myself I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. That calms me down a lot.

3. What would you say to someone who wants to commit suicide?

I get this question a lot, whether it's from someone who wants to commit suicide him/herself or someone who has a friend who is thinking about ending her/his life. All I can say is that - no matter how stupid it sounds - things do get better. You are not alone, you are never alone, even though it feels like you are. The internet is so big and contains so many people who are willing to help people who are thinking about ending their lives. There's so much beauty in this world, so many great things you still have to experience. It's not worth it. It really isn't. 

4. You've talked a few times about the fact that you have tried to take your life, how do you feel about that now?

I have been quite open about the fact that I've been struggling with things like taking my own life. I've known extremely low points in my life and I don't blame myself for wanting to quit. I do feel guilty towards my friends, who have always been there for me. They always tried to help me and instead of trying to hold on, I tried to commit suicide again. And again. Do I have the feeling like I was weak? No. I don't think I was or am weak. There's just so much a person can take until something breaks and I've reached that point more than once. If I could go back, I'd try and do things differently. But things go how they go and I am still here, which is all that counts.

5. What do you think about gay marriage?

I think it's insane it's not a normal thing yet in every country in the world. It's crazy people are being forbidden to get married in a world where there's so much war and pain. It makes no sense to surpress love. 

6. Do you have a cat yet?

Haha! No, I am still looking to find a cat I instantly fall in love with. I also haven't figured out a name yet. It's quite hard, because I need a cat who is used or can get used to dogs, as Alex (my roommate) has a Boxer.

7. How do you deal with your social anxiety?

I don't always deal with my social anxiety, but when I do it's by warning a friend and getting out of busy places. Someone once told me that the best way by getting rid of social anxiety is by just go out and go up in huge groups of people and somehow that would make you less anxious of them. This is not true and the worst thing to do. Never torture yourself by going out into busy places when you feel anxious. Find a quiet place, warn a friend, calm down, drink some coffee. It's not your fault, there's nothing wrong with you, but handle it in the right way and don't force it. 

8. Why did you start WDLHA?

I first started What's depression like? He asked as a way to express my feelings. I felt like I wasn't the only one with these feelings and I wanted to show people in the world that they aren't the only one. I never thought I could help anybody or save anyone's life and it surprises me up until this day that WDLHA has reached so many votes and so many reads and has done so many great things for pepole. 

***

These were the questions I've gotten asked the most. If you have a question, please drop them in the comments or send me a message and I'll answer it as soon as possible!

- Kyran