Chapter 20 - Nostalgia

Memories are the events that you remember from the past. 'It's normal for people to not remember things from their childhood.' However, significant triggers can cause old memories to come flooding back. 

For some it can be the smell of things, for others a sound. For Aoi it was the sight of the mesmerizing blue eyes that belonged to a particular boy. A boy who she had sworn was her Prince Charming back in kindergarten, but had completely forgotten the face of once she grew older. But, the act of staring right into his eyes.. This somehow cleared up the fog in Aoi's mind that had blurred her memories with the boy. She could remember the boy's face as if she saw him yesterday.

________________

"Aoi? Isn't that the girl you- 

Inupi hurriedly slams his hands onto Koko's mouth to stop him from speaking any further while I stare at the man in a daze. 

Hakkai grits his teeth while protectively holding onto my arms and hiding me from the boy's view. Not knowing how the situation would develop if I were to acknowledge Inupi recognising me in this crowd, I decide to stay silent.

.

.

"That freakin' hurt dude!" Koko groans while rubbing his lips. "And.. what's your Aoi doing with the boss' younger brother?" 

A punch swiftly escapes Inupi's hands but Koko knowing his bestfriend all too well, catches the fist right before it hit his face.

Koko eyes my figure hiding behind Hakkai with my face barely visible to the front. "Purple hair, purple eyes, it's just like you described." He grins while still holding onto the tightening fists of Inupi.

And silence follows...

'Your...?'  was the thought running through everyone's heads simultaneously except for Aoi who was too much in a daze to comprehend what he said. Even the Black Dragon members looked utterly shocked at their respected commander. Especially when they saw the pale cheeks of the boy tinted with a color they thought they'd never see on him, a light shade of pink. 

'Is.. Is he getting embarrassed?'  Yet another sentence thought in unison by everyone.

"Sorry, I think I got the wrong person." Inupi swiftly composes himself, starting to look intimidating again. 

'Revealing that I am actually the person they're talking about right now would be too damn overwhelming with the crowd that's present here.'   I think to myself. 

'My first love...'  A sigh of disbelief escapes my mouth. 'How could I not remember his face?'  Maybe it was the fact that I saw him before a scar had tainted his left eye. Or maybe it was the fact that I was obsessed with fairytales so I selfishly gave him the title of first love when I had only met him twice. Whatever the reason, I knew for a fact that this looked like a complicated situation to escape from.

"Focus on the Toman brat." Inupi sternly commands, causing the group to stiffen at his words and divert their attention away from a certain purple-haired girl.

As if snapped out from the daze, everyone stops wondering about the girl called Aoi and focus on the conflict in front of them. 

Perhaps knowing not to call me by my first name in this situation where everyone heard Inupi call me Aoi, Hakkai speaks to me, "Suzuki, leave this to us." Yuzuha tells Takemicchi to get outta this place and take care of me and Hina.