Chapter 36 - Arcade & Guns

'I'm sure I told Hanma that we were discussing info.. But.. what is this place?!'

Time goes by in the blink of an eye, and it was already the day before my birthday. I look at the address that Hanma had texted me, trying to make sure whether it was the right place or not.

'We were supposed to discuss things in secret.. What is this extravagantly fancy arcade..?' I look at the building in disbelief.

"Oh, it's my first time seeing you in your school uniform." A familiar voice says from behind. I pretend not to recognise him and put on an act of being surprised while lifting my hands to hit the culprit.

But before I could make contact, Hanma catches my wrists. "Woah~ Take it easy please." He chuckles.

"We met to discuss info, didn't we?" I say in disbelief.

"Yes~?" He looks at me confused.

"And you're telling me that we'll do that here? In this crowded arcade?!"

"The location you chose before was too bland. At least this place is fun." Hanma chuckles at my frustrated expression.

"How is the place being fun even related to this?" I sigh at the boy. "So when you said you were worried about Kisaki.."

"Of course that was a lie~ To think you would fall for it so easily." He grins at me teasingly.

"Hah! That's only because I couldn't see you then. And here I was getting worried that something might've happened." I groan and cross my arms in annoyance.

"So you were worried about me~?"

"No." I say averting my eyes. "I was worried about the plan."

"Look me in the eye and tell me you were seriously not worried about me.. even though you know how much it will hurt me.." He says all of a sudden, exaggerating a pitiful-looking expression.

'What are you? A masochist?'

He bursts into laughter. "Oh.. Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did." Now it was his turn to cross his arms. "But I know you were worried so it's okay~"

"Who said I was worried?" I swiftly turn my head to the side.

"I just know." He laughs at this childish banter. "Let's go in now!" He pushes me forward with his hands on my shoulder, ushering me to go in.

The place was surrounded by bright neon lights, full of teenagers in uniforms. 'Looks like a go-to place for many students after-school..'

As I look around in fascination, I hear a light chuckle beside me.

"What?" I say annoyed.

Pausing his chuckles, "Is it your first time in a place like this?", he asks while tilting his head to the side.

"Yeah.." I nod hesitantly.

"Well then, the discussion can be started after a while." 

"Huh?" I was confused at his sudden declaration when he suddenly pulled me towards a machine titled 'Street Fighter'.

"Let's play this!" He claps excitedly, causing me to look at him in amusement.

"Quite the ironic game to play for a gang-member such as yourself."