Chapter 25 - Fever

"Hello?" Sakura answers the phone, sounding a bit tired.

"Uhmm.. isn't this Aoi's phone?" Mitsuya panics a little when he hears an unknown voice.

"It is. Uh.. Aoi is actually-

"AOI NO! YOU CANNOT EAT THAT!" Sakura forgets what she was about to say when she finds Aoi taking out ice cubes from the freezer. 

"Is.. everything okay?" The boy asks through the phone in a concerned way.

"I'm sorry about that.. Aoi's actually got a fever right now.."

"Fever?!"

"Yeah.. I'll tell her you called when she gets better later."

"Uhmm.. would it be okay to visit her?"

Sakura looks around the room and sighs at the sight of Aoi clinging to her mom like a koala. Aoi's mom probably needs to go back to work soon and then she'll be left alone with the sick Aoi, who is extremely difficult to handle. Sakura could definitely use some extra help.

"If that's okay with you? But she does get pretty difficult to handle when she's sick.." Sakura says to the boy on the phone who's waiting for a reply.

"That's okay." Mitsuya chuckles. "Can you send me the address?"

"Sure."

.

.
.

It was around 4 in the afternoon when Mitsuya and Mikey had just got back after telling Yuzuha about the peace pact with Taiju. After hearing that Aoi's sick, both of them decided to buy some juice and cookies for the girl before going to her house. 

Once they reached the address that Aoi's friend had sent, they ring the doorbell and were greeted by a woman who looked to be in her late 30s. 

"My my, you must be Aoi's friends that Sakura called! It's really nice to meet you!" The lavender haired woman smiles at them and they can see from where Aoi gets her sunshine smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mitsuya Takashi."

"Hello, I'm Mikey." 

Both of them greet the woman who invites them inside.

"I'm so sorry about Aoi. Will you guys be okay?" She worriedly asks, leaving the two boys confused. They just nod their heads without understanding what her words meant.

"I'll have to leave now but please feel free to eat the curry in the kitchen if you get hungry. You can ask Sakura, Aoi's other friend about it." She smiles at the boys and tiptoes her way toward the door. The boys look at her in confusion. It looked as if Aoi's mom was trying to make sure that no one inside knew that she was going out.

Feeling bewildered at Aoi's mom, they go to the living room. There they see a child-like Aoi playing a video game, while clinging onto a red-haired girl who seems to be Sakura.