Chapter 7 | Heavy sleeper

With my eyes wide open, I quickly sit up and rush towards the other side to find Kinza curled up on the floor near the bed as she silently sobs not aware about the fact that I am behind her.

She tries her best to cover her body with a single blanket I gave her, but fails to do so and her body shivers at time to time.

Without further thinking I crouch down to her level and I place my hand on her shoulder but see her flinching and gasping in shock, her eyes widens when she sees me and she quickly sits up but her lips are stil trembling and her face looks pale, which is worrying me more.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I question the girl who is wrapped in the thin blanket but she does not reply.

"Do you feel sick? Do you want me to call ammi?" I look at her feeling worried from the way she looks "No.." a trembling No more like a whisper leaves her lips.

But all of a sudden she starts crying panicking me more, what the hell is wrong with her?!

I don't understand what girls feel! What the hell should I do now?!

"Hey-I" gosh this is so freaking difficult, since she is not answering and telling me what's wrong, I press my palm on her forehead to check if she is ill and sick but to my greatest relief her temperature is cool. A sigh leaves my lips revealed that she is not sick.

If she is not sick then why is she crying? Is she missing her parents or something? Or wait—she is on the floor-did she perhaps fall when she was sleeping?

Ya Allah did she get hurt??

"Did you fall from the bed? Are you hurt? Did you hit your head?" I do not keep my questions with me and my hands automatically flies to her head worried if she is injured or if she is in pain.

She innocently shakes her head but stares at me with her doe eyes which is filled with tears.

Gosh then why the hell is she crying.

"Can you please stop crying? Or just tell me why your crying and then you can cry as much as you want" I loose my patience and I am surprised by myself for even questioning her with so much 'Sabr' which I know I don't have.

She blinks her eyes cutely but again it fills with tears "you are rude" she tells me something I know so I roll my eyes but only glare at her asking her to speak what I want to hear.

"I-I am cold" she hugs herself but peeks behind so I do the same but a loud sigh of irritation escapes my lips when I understand what she was saying.

"You don't know how to off an Air conditioner? Are you kid? What are you two years old? If you were cold you just have to walk and off the AC instead of crying here" I sound pissed which I am, did she seriously cry because she was cold?

"I-the remote was on your side" she justifies herself "so?" I raise my eyebrow but see her for the first time glaring "what so? So I did not off...it was beside you how do you expect me to go there and pick the remote when I was sleeping here" she speaks without any sense.

"And may I know why where you sleeping here?" I fold my arms but stand up to pick the remote and of dthe cooler.

"I-because it is your bed and you-I don't know I was uncomfortable" she mumbles and nibbles on her lower lip.