Chapter 18 | Smooth Skin

Kinza كنزا

I wave at my friends after the good day I had with them with a satisfactory smile I stand near the entrance waiting for Ayaan to come and pick me up but soon I see a girl who is my junior joins me and stands by my side to not look boring I start a conversation and in less than ten minutes she was picked up by an old man.

I hold my hands together feeling cold under this cold weather. I mentally scold myself for not listening to Ayaan and not bringing a coat to wear.

Where is he? I tap my leg on the floor while leaning against the wall as I wait for him but look around to see people slowly leaving. When none was standing beside me my heart fills with insecure thoughts and the possibilities of him abandoning me.

I don't even have a phone to call him neither I know his number so that I can call him from the watchman's phone. What to do now? I feel like I will die in this cold.

I want to become Elsa now—like cold never bothers her anyway. I love winter but sometimes it sucks.

I wait and wait and wait and then finally I feel tears building up my eyes at the possibilities of him abandoning me.

Cars and bikes drives through the way and I hopefully look up every time a car passes only to feel my hope shattering in to pieces.

I wipe my tears and hug myself standing in the corner near the tree waiting for someone who has forgotten about me.

A car swiftly stops infront of me but I do not lift my eyelids to look up cause I know I will only get disappointed.

When I hear footsteps rushing towards my side, I look up only to feel my eyes watering again and I bite my lips to not sob when I see the figure which my eyes was searching for.

My body was forcefully pulled forward and I crashed in to his build up muscular body, his chest heaving up and down as he breathes heavily. His arms are wrapped around me, hugging me tightly as his warm hands are rubbing my back up and down when he feels me trembling in this ice cold weather.

I hate him!! I swear I do but then why can't I push him away?! I am not going to him for the next I don't know but many minutes!

"I am sorry I am so sorry" he cups my face his face showing real worry as he looks way too guilty. I do not reply obviously telling him that I am upset "ya allah you are so cold" he moves to remove his coat and swiftly wraps it around me.

With my trembling lips I am not even able to speak. He takes me towards the car and opens the door. So I sit while rubbing myself shivering from the obvious cold breeze which is only worsening my state.

My heart jumps out my chest when he leans down buckles my seat belt, I try to keep my breathing normally but couldn't help but gawk my eyes out at our closeness.

He moves back after assuring himself that I am safe.

He quickly walks to the other side to take a seat and when he sits he on's the heater.

"I am sorry...I seriously don't know how I forgot. I feel like a shit I am so sorry" he turns and apologises again and again but I do not reply-I am angry...my legs are aching so bad that I think if his heart aches for few minutes it's not a big deal.