𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

ON MARCH 1ST, Alex Morfin Riddle was sitting down in the common room, a book in his hands.  There were only a few first year Slytherins there.

Nobody dared interrupt the boy. Except for one person.

"I fucked up," said a voice.

"I know." Alex rolled his eyes and looked up from the book, staring at the person. "Weasley got poisoned instead, didn't he?"

Draco sheepishly scratched his neck and nodded. "How'd you know?"

"Everyone's talking about it." Alex returned his gaze to the book.

"Alex—"

"You need to kill Dumbledore with the killing spell."

"I know," nodded Draco, knowing he was right. "I shouldn't fuck up more than I already have."

"You still have time," pointed out the other boy.

"How did you deal with it?" Draco sat down by the couch. "Killing someone."

"Which one?"

"How many have you killed?"

Alex finally looked at him again, not replying. "Draco, it's easier than you think. How's the cabinet going?"

"It's almost fixed."

He nodded, putting the book down. "Practice the killing spell in the Room of Requirement. The unforgivable curses don't get tracked there. Even if it did, the death eaters have control over the Ministry, and they couldn't care less."

"Do you think I can do this?" Draco looked at him in a hopeful expression.

"I think you can do anything if you put your mind up to it."

"And if I fail? If the Dark lord kills me?"

"He won't."

"How do you know that?"

Alex looked away, staring at the fireplace instead. "Draco, do you think you'll fail?"

"There's a higher chance of me failing than not."

"Whatever happens, you won't die."

"Just because I'm your servant doesn't mean he'll let me live!" He finally snapped, standing up.

Alex motioned for the first year Slytherins to leave— who all did so immediately— and when they were finally alone, Alex said, "It doesn't mean I won't be able to save you."

"You'd save me?" whispered Draco with a shocked look.

Alex tensed. "I won't exactly save you. I don't care, honestly. I just wouldn't want my servant gone."

"Of course you don't care," Draco sneered. "When did Alex Riddle care for anything or anyone in his life? Never. He's too far busy being so full of himself to the point he forgets about other people."

"Don't forget the part where I tried helping you with your task— multiple times."

"But nothing really was achieved, was there?! You could go kill Dumbledore yourself! That would've been a great help!"

"I'm not killing him."

"But you could. Like you said: it's not that hard, is it?!"

"Draco, calm the fuck down."

"My life is on the line, Alex!"

"That's not my fault. It's your father's."

"Maybe so, but Alex.. I don't want to die." Draco sat back down, rubbing his face anxiously, eyes tearing up.

Alex didn't reply. But he was thinking about one thing and one thing only: Draco Malfoy isn't going to die. Not if he can stop it.