𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘥𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

A FEW MONTHS later, Alex sat down in the courtyard, a cigarette dangling between his lips.

He looked to his side when somebody sat down next to him. "Hey," said Daphne.

He frowned. "Hello?"

"I thought you'd be in the hospital wing."

"Why?"

Daphne frowned, looking at him. "You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" asked Alex, frown deepening.

"Malfoy's in the hospital wing. I thought you'd be visiting him."

He looked away, seemingly in thought. "What happened?"

"Potter used a spell that almost killed him. I think it was 'Sectumsempra' or something."

Alex nodded and stood up, walking away without a word.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

"Is he alright?" Alex asked Madam Pomfrey as soon as he stepped into the hospital wing a few minutes later, eyes finding the unconscious Draco on a bed.

"He's going to be fine, Mr Riddle. You can stay with him if you'd like."

"I have.. work.. to do." Alex put his hands in his pockets and turned around, walking out of there.

He didn't actually have anything to do, though, so he just walked to the Slytherin common room and planned to spend the rest of the night in his dorm.

If Draco was a friend, there would've been a small chance Alex would actually visit him in the hospital wing.

But Draco wasn't a friend.

Alex Riddle didn't have friends.

Companions, sure. Not friends, though.

There was a small part of him that wished he could be friends with Draco, but he wouldn't risk it.

Not when there would be a chance he'd start caring for the boy.. if he didn't already.

After all, caring was for the weak.

Wasn't that what his father said?

Alex laid on his bed, closing his eyes. For now, all he wanted was to fall asleep.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

The next day— actually, the next night, Alex was still in his dorm, his head snapping up when the door slammed open.

"We've got to go to the Astronomy tower," said Snape immediately, looking like he was in a rush.

Alex frowned in confusion, then he immediately stood up— realizing that it was the day Dumbledore had to be dead.

He rushed out of the Slytherin common room, rushing to the Astronomy tower.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

"—I knew a boy and his son, who both made the wrong choices. Please let me help." Alex heard Dumbledore say as soon as he was near enough.

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand?! I have to kill you! Or he's going to kill me!" Draco replied.

"Go on, Draco. Kill him now! This is your moment," said Bellatrix Lestrange.

"No," Snape said, looking at Dumbledore.

Draco turned around, eyes finding Alex almost immediately.

"Severus, please."

"Avada Kedavra," Snape pointed his wand at Dumbledore, watching as the man fell from the tower after dying.

Alex looked down as he heard movement underneath, noticing Harry Potter.

He rushed downstairs instantly.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

"Crucio!" Alex pointed his wand at Harry, who screamed in pain immediately. "Crucio!"

Harry screamed even more.

Alex enjoyed the screams. How dare Harry hurt Draco?

"Alex, we've got to go," Draco pointed out, noticing Snape waiting for them. He turned around, watching Hagrid's hut go up in flames. "Alex!"

Alex didn't reply. His eyes found a green locket in Harry's hand. "Accio!"

"No!" Harry held onto it even tighter— not letting the locket go— and even though he was just tortured, he shouted, "Stupify!"

"Protego! Crucio!"

"Alex!" Draco grabbed the boy's wrist, getting apparated away by Snape— Alex getting apparated away with them without the locket.