A Touch of Magic

~The picture is what I imagined her wings to look like~
----------------------------------------------
Elizabeth's POV

"Dear child, you must understand that this may not work and if it does work, I'm not sure how well you will be able to control it. This has never been done before. We are crossing into unknown territory here." The girl, who's name I learned was Lilliana, told me while looking uncertainly down at her reflection in the lake.

I looked down as well, studying my own reflection. I stared long and hard. Was I ready to do this? No but it had to be done in order to fix everything. I'm the one that brought this mess upon the pack and I'm the one that must bring the peace again. If this is what it would take...then I would do it, for my pack, my mate, and our future as a species.

My once dull, frightened eyes hardened and were filled, instead,with determination. I looked up at Lilliana and nodded, "I may not be ready but this must be done. Do it."

She studied me for a few minutes before nodding. She smiled slightly and shook her head.

"Never did I ever imagine passing on this tradition to anyone, let alone a Lycan." She turned towards the lake and raised her hands, palms facing outward.

"Luna dea est, dum ad iter meminimus Amen puerum in via per quam ab antiquis magicae descendet de maleficis. Omnibus test, et factum est, ut ipsa magia prouenient."

She turned towards me, her eyes no longer green but a glowing gold.

"Do you accept the responsibility of protecting the weak, strong, old and young?" She asked.

"Yes, I accept the responsibility. Moon goddess be my witness." I said, my palms turned upward towards the moon as I knelt down in front of Lilliana. She whispered an incantation before pressing one palm to my head and the other towards the lake.

"May you return safely and travel with the moon goddess by your side." Her eyes then flashed blue and I knew it was time. I stepped into the lake, feet barely touching the bed. I looked up at the moon once more before submerging my whole body in the cold, shimmering water.

I was struggling to get to the surface, my lungs were on fire. My hair was blocking my vision, my arms and legs were turning into lead weights, and my eyes were burning from the water.

It seemed as if I was sinking, further and further into the depths of the lake before I broke through the surface. I gasped, trying to fill my lungs with the air I had lost as I swam to the edge of lake and flopped onto the wet grass next to the water.

When I had finally gotten my breath, I stood up and saw that the lake was giving off a golden glow. Just like my previous dream, there was a shadow standing in the middle of the lake.

The shadow motioned for me to go to it and I stood at the edge of the lake. I warily placed one foot onto the glowing water but found that I couldn't step onto the water without falling through.

The shadow shook its head and waved me over again. I looked at the shadow helplessly.

"I can't do it! It won't work! I'm just going to fall through!"

The shadow shook its head and waved me over again.

"How do I do this! I can't do this! It isn't possible!" I cried, reaching for the shadow. The lake seemed to be stretching wider and the shadow seemed to be getting farther and farther away.

"WAIT! PLEASE! HOW DO I DO THIS! I HAVE TO KNOW! I CANT LET EVERYONE DOWN! I can't let everyone down." I sobbed as I asked for help but the shadow just kept getting farther and farther away.