Welcome to Aberdeen Gardens

Feeling my way through the darkness

Guided by a beating heart

I can't tell where the journey will end

But I know where to start

I woke up and instantly began getting dressed and packing food for the road trip. I sang along to my alarm while I got ready.

"Hope I get the chance to travel the world, but I don't have any plans. Wish that I could stay forever this young not afraid to close my eyes. Life's a game made for everyone and love is the prize." I giggled at the lyrics because of how much they described my life.

I turned off my alarm and ran downstairs after I was done getting ready. I rolled my luggage out to my car and put them in the trunk. After grabbing my car charger, my wall charger and locking the front door, I hopped inside my car and started her up. I put on my play list named 'Road trip' and then nodded.

"Away we go!" I pulled out and drove off, my house getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror until I couldn't see it anymore. Bye, bye lonely house, hello new and exciting places.

*4 DAYS LATER*

I was surrounded by forests on both sides of the one lane road. The trees towered over me and I was driving under a bridge of treetops. I turned off the radio and rolled down the windows. I inhaled the fresh smell of nature.

It was 7:28 am and everything was calm. There weren't any other cars on the road and the winds was rustling through the trees. I smiled brightly at the serenity and peace. All feelings of peace left me when an animal jumped out in front of the car and I swerved off the road to avoid it. I hit a tree and was jerked forward by the sheer force of the hit. The seat belt clicked into place and threw me back to my seat. I quickly got out of the car to examine the damage.

"Oh, Lila. You need mechanical attention, ASAP." I whispered while petting the top of the car. The front of her had a tree going down the middle of the hood and she was wrapped around it. I shook my head in dismay and retrieved my phone from my pocket.

"No service. Great." I looked around trying to find any sign of where I was and I saw a yellow sign behind me. It read,

'Welcome to Aberdeen Gardens'

What a great welcome this is. I shook my head again and looked around again. I saw smoke rising in the forest and I decided that where there is smoke, there is people. I walked across the road and entered the forest.

"What time is it? Adventure Time!" I yelled as I hopped over logs and swung on branches.

*1 Hour Later*

"Can't move. Must stop hopping." I crashed onto the forest floor under the shade of a tree and put my arm on top of my eyes. I laid there, resting, until I heard a noise coming from about a mile away. I sat up and looked at where the sound was coming from. I saw a pack of wolves running in my direction and I laid down again. I moved closer to the giant bushes in front of the tree, hoping that they hid me from the wolves. The wolves soon passed by, paws pounding against the forest floor and panting as they went. I relaxed before I heard sniffing. I stiffened again as I heard one of the wolves move closer, sniffing around. It got closer and closer until it was right in front of the bushes. I saw its front paw about to move the bushes away. I closed my eyes and prayed that my cover wasn't blown.

My prayers were answered when a bark came from about 10 feet away and the wolf moved away from the bush. The two wolves ran away to catch up with the rest of the wolves and I jumped up, not willing to wait for them to return. I ran away, looking up every so often to make sure I was getting closer to the smoke. I finally broke into a big clearing with a giant house standing in front of me.

I didn't have much time to take in the house before I was surrounded by wolves. They growled and snarled at me but none of them made a move to attack, which I was thankful for. I sat on the ground and closed my eyes, waiting for them to attack. I don't know how long I sat there but it felt like forever. Finally, I opened my eyes when I heard the growling stop. Only a handful of wolves stood in front of me along with a man only wearing basketball shorts.

"Stand, rouge!" I stood up as he said and shook my head.

"Rouge? What's a rouge? I'm Elizabeth." The man growled at me and my eyes widened in fear and surprise.

"Do not play games with me, rouge. I have no time to waste for a foreign object has entered my domain. So answer me this. How did you get here and why do you have a scent unlike a rouge or pack wolf?" He boomed and my heart rate sped up.

"I got here using my car. I was just looking for help because I swerved so that I wouldn't hit a wolf and I crashed. I can't use my car at all and I saw the smoke from that house so I followed it here. I already told you, I'm not a rouge. I don't even know what a rouge is! And how could I be a wolf? I'm a human, like you." The wolves all snarled louder at me and I jumped in fear.

"Vates! Read her. I have no wish to play these silly games that this rouge seems to urge me to play." The man waved at a red wolf and it stepped up. Its face became distorted and its bones began breaking before a boy stood in front of me. He was about 19, only a year older than me. He threw on a pair of shorts before walking towards me. I walked backwards before tripping and falling on my butt. I moved back on my hands but couldn't move when my back hit the trunk of a tree.

"What are you? How did you do that? Don't touch me! Don't hurt me please, I didn't mean to intrude. I just wanted help!" I moved my face to the side and put my arms up in an X covering my head. I peeked out from behind my arms and saw the guy just standing in front of me. He held his hand in front of him and his palm was pointed at me. His eyes were all white and his brown hair was falling into his face. His hand fell and he turned toward the first guy.

"She speaks the truth." Vates then changed back into a wolf and walked back to the other wolves, who were all looking at me strangely. The first guy walked towards me and picked me up by my arm causing me to cry out in pain. A silver wolf with a weird pattern on its head came flying through the air and hit the guy causing him to drop me. The wolf landed on the guy and growled in his face.

"Fidelis, son, what are you doing? Get off of me." The wolf growled in his face again as if telling the man something. The man looked at me and then looked back at the wolf.

"Yes, I understand. I will not harm her. I am sorry." The wolf nodded and got off the guy. He shifted into a guy that looked around 20 years old. He had blonde hair, blue eyes and he looked as if he needed some sun.
He walked toward me and held his hand out. I flinched expecting him to hit me and he frowned. He crouched down and tilted his head to the side.

"Don't be afraid. I will never hurt you." I shook my head and looked at him with fear.

"What are you? Where am I? Who are you?" He frowned again but then gave me a small smile.

"We are Lycans. You are in Aberdeen Gardens, Land of the Lycans. I am Fidelis, next in line as the Alpha and you are my mate."