Road Trip

"School is out! Peace out all of you stupid, annoying people. Goodbye, High School. I'm off to do better things than come to the same boring place to waste 7 hours of my life everyday! I'M FREE!" I ran through the hallways screaming with my arms out. I slammed the front doors open and sprinted to my car. It beeped and I opened the doors before sitting down on the leather seat. My door closed gently and I threw my tie-dye backpack over my shoulder onto the backseats.

"We are finally done coming here everyday, Lila." I kissed the wheel of my purple 2009 MTM Audi R8. (A/N: pic of Lila on the side (;) Yes, I named my car Lila. I started her up before pulling away from the school and heading home. Blake Shelton came on the radio and I turned it up.

Yeah the boys 'round here they're keepin' it country

Ain't a damn one know how to do the dougie

You don't do the dougie?

Naw, not in Kentucky but these girls 'round here

Yeah they still love me

I sang along to the song, bobbing my head and dancing in my seat too. I parked at a red light and jammed out even more. I threw my head around and yelled the words, not really caring that I was off key...WAY off key. I looked to my left to see two cheerleaders from my school staring at me in disgust. The light turned green just as I flipped them the bird and sped off. I laughed all the way home remembering their faces.

They looked so appalled and confused when I gave them the bird, as if they didn't know what they did wrong. Stupid cheerleaders. I could just imagine their conversation right now. I flipped my long brown hair as I got out of my car, imitating them.

"Like, OMG! How dare she! She has no right to flip us off. Right, Rebecca! You are so right, Regina! Ugh, if I see her again, I'll scratch her with my Mani and rip out her fake hair. Gurrrr!" I laughed even more at how realistic that sounded. I shook my head and unlocked the front door.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!" I dropped my bag by the front door and left my shoes by the shoe rack.

"Ray? Anyone?" I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the counter.

Elizabeth,

Your father, brother and I have left already. We had to leave earlier than planned because the flights tomorrow didn't look so good. There is cash in the drawer in your desk for your road trip. Enjoy your summer and we will see you in August when you get back.

Mom

I scoffed and crumpled up the letter before throwing it away. They always did this. All three of them were always leaving on business trips and it was never when they were scheduled to leave. It has been like this since I turned 12. That was when Ray turned 16 and was able to join the family business. Why wasn't I apart of the family business? Because they see me as the insignificant, stupid one in the family. I'm not important and so I'm usually left behind. My parents never offered me a job in the family business. They've always looked down on me. Ray and I used to be best friends before he joined the business. Now, I rarely see any of them.

This trip is supposed to last almost 3 months because they are trying to get a big company to partner with them. That is why I'm going on a little road trip with me, myself, and I. Otherwise, I would be stuck in this stupid place by myself all summer. Instead, I'm going to take Lila on a roadtrip to Canada first and then other states in the US.

I shook my head and opened the fridge only to find an apple and a can of Canada Dry. I shrugged and took both. I shut the fridge and walked up the stairs to my room.

"I guess I'll be ordering Chinese tonight." And that is exactly what I did. I ordered an order of orange chicken with rice on the side and packed the rest of the day.

"I should be good to go." I murmured to myself trying to think of anything else I would need.

I went through my checklist and made sure everything was accounted for.

*All of my clothes

Check

*Tennis Shoes

Check

*Flip flops

Check

*Tooth brush

Check

*Shampoo

Check

*Conditioner

Check

*Hairbrush

Check

*Lotion

Check

*Hairties

Check

*5 Towels

Check

*Flats

Check

*Sneakers

Check

*Cash Card

Check

"Okay. Everything is here. I should be good to go tomorrow." I zipped up the suitcases and took them downstairs so that they were ready to go when I woke up tomorrow.

I went back upstairs and got ready for bed. I then hopped into bed and snuggled into my banklets. I turned my lamp off and closed my eyes.

Ready or not, here I come Canada.

————————————————————————-

Yay! The first chapter is done.

How is it so far?

If you liked it, could you comment and like?

It would really help me out.

Tata for now,

Elysha