Chapter 1: Pilot

Stardate Unknown, as the U.S.S Enterprise flies through space quietly and effortlessly. It seemed like a normal day on the ship when Deanna Troi felt something. It was an interesting feeling of peace and confusion.

"Is everything okay, Counselor Troi?" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the captain of the U.S.S Enterprise asked, gently touching her shoulder.

Deanna nodded confused. "I think so. I'm sensing something strange. A mixed emotion from somewhere."

"Captain," Lieutenant Data, an android humanoid said. "I am picking up something on the scanners. It appears to be coming from the gas planet in front of us."

Jean-Luc looked at the screen confused, as a not too small and not too large gas ball came into view. "Come to a complete stop, Data."

"I can sense it stronger now, Captain," Deanna said, standing up from her seat. "It appears to be coming from the planet."

"That is impossible, Counselor," Data stated. "The planet is made up of gas. It is uninhabitable."

"Data, check the sensors on the ship. I believe I see something on the outer orbit," Jean-Luc said, with a wave of his hand.

With a few clicks, Data gathered intel on what the ship had picked up and what Deanna must have been feeling. Everyone looked at the screen as Data blew up the picture to get a better look.

"Is that a pod?" Commander William Riker asked, confused.

"It would appear so, Sir," Data said. "And it appears to have life aboard."

Jean-Luc shook his head, baffled. "How is that possible?"

Deanna lifted her right hand to her temple and used the chair to support herself as she became faint. "Whatever is on that pod, we need to get it. I'm feeling something really strong. And it's alive."

"Set a beam to it," Jean-Luc said. "Let's pull it out and safely away from the planet. Maybe we can beam whatever is on there to the ship."

On the captain's mark, the crew managed to grab the pod with a tractor beam and pulled it away from the planet and far enough away from the planet. This sudden new encounter caused the entire ship to become curious. Captain Picard ordered his crew to teleport whatever was on the pod into the transporter room and to allow the pod to be examined.

"Data, Riker, and Troi, come with me," Jean-Luc ordered as he made his way to the elevator.

"How do you feel, Deanna?" Riker asked the Counselor. "Do you still have strong feelings?"

Deanna nodded. "I am almost certain that whatever this is, is human."

"We are about to find out if that's certain," Riker said as the elevator reached the transporter room.

As soon as they entered the room, they were all shocked to see a young woman. Dr. Beverly Crusher was already on site examining her. She greeted them with a small smile.

"What's the news, Doctor?" Jean-Luc asked.

"Well, she's alive. And not a moment too soon. The pod she was in was nearly out of oxygen," Dr. Crusher said. "She's very lucky."