Dinner

They ride over to the castle in a carriage.

When they get out, they see people with pitchforks.

"It's Maleficent!" Some woman yells, making other people start talking.

"Pitchforks?" Maleficent says, amused.

"Humans are hilarious." Y/n says.

"Mmm-hmm."

Mal does just a little bit of magic, and the townspeople go crazy, screaming and running around.

"Have you ever considered turning me into a bear? I think I'd make quite an impressive one. Look at their claws. They're so strong." Diaval says, out of nowhere.

"Presenting Queen Aurora of the Moors." A human says. There is a courtly tune, and then Aurora walks in and sits at the table.

"You look wonderful." Phillip compliments.

"I'm so happy to be here." she says to his parents.

"Aurora, this is truly an honor. Welcome to Ulstead." his father welcomes.

"Such a beautiful girl. I can see how you stole Philip's heart." his mother compliments.

"Your Majesty." Aurora says, bowing.

The queen coughs. "The flowers in your hair. I'm allergic." she says.

"I'm so sorry." Aurora apologies, going to take them off.

"Oh, no. No, no. It's all right. They're beautiful." she responds, politely.

"Presenting Maleficent and Y/n" the announcer says, before the tune plays again.

Diaval walks in with them, and all three take a seat.

"Maleficent, y/n, it's wonderful to see you again." the prince says. "This is my father, King John of Ulstead. And my mother, Queen Ingrith."

"Welcome to our home." the king welcomes.

"Yes, we are so glad to finally be meeting you"y/n says politely, with a small smile.

She nudges Maleficent.

"It's so very kind of you to invite me this evening." she tries her best to say.

And at the end of the sentence, she begins to try to smile.

"Don't smile." y/n whispers, making Maleficent quickly drop her attempted smile.

"And, um, I would like to introduce you to Diaval." Maleficent says, gesturing to him.

The king and queen smile at him.

"I trust you had no trouble finding the castle." the king asks.

"Why would we have trouble?" Maleficent asks, slightly offended. Y/n is also confused.

Diaval coughs. "He's making small talk. I'll explain it later." he whispers to them.

"No trouble at all." y/n smiles.

"Your Majesties, ladies and gentlemen, dinner is served. Please, make yourselves at home." a servant says, placing their plates on the table.

They look down to see something they knew Diaval would likely not enjoy.

"Hmm. Bird. Delicious." y/n says, as Diaval clears throat.

Y/n tries to grab the fork, but is burned, and immediately recoils.

"Is there a problem?" the Queen asks, innocently.

"It's iron. Majesty, as you are sensitive to flowers, she is averse to iron." Aurora informed her.

"I had no idea. Take it away at once." she says.

Y/n and Maleficent scoff. The queen obviously already knew that, and she was beginning to get on their nerves.

"I trust you'll be comfortable using your hands?" she asks.

"Excu—" y/n begins speaking but is interrupted by the prince.

"Such a warm spell of weather, isn't it?" he asks, nervously.

"It certainly is." the king responds.

After a bit of small talk about the future marriage, the queen chimes in.

"Oh, I simply can't wait to have a little one running through the castle again." she says.

"This castle?" Maleficent asks.

"Yes, of course. This will be their home." she says, matter of factly.

"I hear Aurora has a castle of her own."the king asks, wanting to slightly defend maleficent.

"Yes, sir, I do." Aurora responds, happy to change the subject.

"Yes... I'm curious. How did Aurora become Queen of the Moors?" the queen asks.

"We made her queen." Y/n informs.

The cat starts hissing at Diaval.

"Oh yes. You two raised her yes?" she asks.

"Yes they did. They were wonderful parents" Aurora smiles.

"Wow. The two of you must've been the best of friends for you to have raised a child together" the queen says, innocently.

"No, no we're dating" Maleficent clarifies.

"Dating? What is that? Forgive me if I don't know your fairy lingo" she says.

"We're engaged" y/n says angrily, knowing that the queen knew exactly what they meant.

"Engaged...?" she drags out.

"Are you kidding me" y/n yells, as Maleficent loudly scoffs.

"Wha- engaged? What are you engaging in?" the queen pushes even further.

"Sex!We're engaging in intimate sex." y/n can't control how mad she is.

"Your Majesty, I'm terribly sorry of their overreaction." Aurora says.

Her parents look at her like she were insane.

"Yes I apologize as well, my wife seems to be very bad at vocabulary" the king elbows his wife.

"Sex? I didn't know your kind brought up such vulgar acts at the dinner table" the queen says.

"Are you kidding? You practically made her say it" Maleficent defends her fiancé.

"Well in this kingdom, we don't really believe in... well you know two woman being in a sexual relationship. We find it a bit repulsive, actually" she says, nonchalantly.

Maleficent, Diaval, and y/n are frozen in disbelief, as the king kicks his wife's leg under the table.