chapter 30

A/N: I honestly struggled with this chapter so much I'M SO SORRY IT'S BAD.

When you walk back out after changing your outfit Seojun just stares at you in awe - you look beautiful. Your hair is now styled into beautiful waves and left out, and you're wearing an adorable pink jumpsuit with some white heels. The stylist thought the silver studs you were already wearing matched well so you kept those on, and you don't wear any other accessories because the aesthetic for the photoshoot is quite minimal anyways. Your makeup is fairly simple too, just some subtle pink eye makeup to match the outfit.

You walk over to the centre of the room where Seojun is already standing, and the photographer immediately begins taking pictures of the two of you. You just awkwardly stand beside Seojun, not knowing what to do and honestly feeling quite uncomfortable with the situation. You really don't want to be this close to Seojun, and he can clearly tell so he makes no move to decrease the distance between the two of you either.

When the photographer asks you to move closer to each other and you both stay where you are, he realises this isn't going to get anywhere due to the tense atmosphere in the room.
"Look, all you guys need to do is relax. Let's just take a little break and I'll get some snacks for you both in the mean time." He's off before you can even respond, so you just sigh and take a seat on the sofa behind you.

The two of you sit in silence for quite a while, you looking away while Seojun just watches you. You're fidgeting with your hands nervously, and the sight honestly frustrates him - why do you keep ignoring him? He's worried and he just wants to comfort you, but why do you keep avoiding him whenever he's around? He just doesn't understand.

Eventually he gets fed up with the awkward silence and turns to you.
"Why are you avoiding me?" You don't respond. "Did I do something?"
"It's fine, Seojun, don't worry about it," you say, looking everywhere but at him. You can practically feel the frown that appears on his face at your words.

"You're ignoring me and I'm supposed to not worry?" he asks, pure disbelief evident in his tone.
"Why are you being so obsessive about this, I told you I'm fi-," you tell Seojun, frustratedly gesturing with your hands, but you're cut off when he grabs one of your wrists in his hand and forces you to face him properly. You try not to let the contact affect you.

"Let go of me." Still not looking at him, you try to twist your hand out of his grip. Out of pure desperation to get you to just tell him what's going on, he tugs you closer to him, your thighs touching and arms flush against each other. You freeze at the proximity but your eyes remain glued to the ground.
"Why won't you look at me?" he whispers softly, his voice sounding almost broken. Your heart drops with guilt, every fibre in your body wanting to reach for him and to tell him how you truly feel. That you could never be angry at him. But you can't.

"Do you hate me that much now?" he asks in frustration, watching how uncomfortable you are. You have to stop yourself from scoffing at the irony of his question. If only you knew, you think to yourself bitterly.
"Seojun seriously, it's nothi-" your words fall short and you lose your breath when Seojun pushes you roughly. Your back hits the edge of the sofa, and you're so caught off guard by the action that you stare up at him in shock. His face is only inches away from yours, and his hand is holding your cheek so gently that the distance (or lack thereof) causes you to gulp.

The look in Seojun's eyes is so intense that you find yourself unable to break eye contact. It's the first time that you let yourself properly look at him in a while. You look into his eyes while he does the same, eyes darting between each of yours rapidly as if he will be able to find the answers to all of his questions just by staring into your orbs.

"What's going on with you?" he asks gently, still looking between your eyes. If not for the close proximity you wouldn't have been able to hear his question, but you still don't respond. The hand on your cheek is making your heart beat so fast and you feel so exposed with the way he's looking at you and holding you. You're almost positive he can hear your heart beating out of your chest.