𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 ♡ clover

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

» REQUESTED BY -StarPop- «

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ORDER #010 》
clover cookie

HEADCANONS ... written by morgan

prns ; they/them

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

» LINE WITHOUT A HOOK / RICKY MONTGOMERY «

0:00 ─〇───────────── 0:00

⇆ ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻

❝ OH, BABY, I AM A WRECK WHEN I'M WITHOUT YOU !

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

♡ Clover likes to think of you as his muse.  

♡ That much should be obvious, given his occupation as a poet, but he likes to remind you of this fact constantly. 

 ♡ Maybe it's so you never have a second to think of your relationship in an objective manner, if your mind is always occupied with thoughts of him and how sweet he is to call you his muse, then you'll barely have a chance to think critically. 

 ♡ But even if that was the case, it's not like you would come to some groundbreaking conclusion after even an hour or two of pondering. Your mind is already far too warped from Clover's sugary words. 

 ♡ That's another thing, actually. He's already used to sugar-coating his words and changing the vocabulary to make them sound flowery and kind. Gaslighting is no problem for him. 

 ♡ Gaslighting isn't uncommon for him—sure, he'd like to avoid it as much as possible, but can you really blame him for it, if he's just doing it to ensure your spot by his side? 

 ♡ He feels bad about it the first time he does it, but eventually that feeling goes away. He doesn't really care how much he lies to—or as he likes to call it, 'stretches the truth'—gaslights, or emotionally manipulates you, so long as you stay with him! 

 ♡ If you call him out on his behavior, he'll stop...for a time.

♡ It's mainly just to get you to forget about his actions, or to convince you he's changed. He hasn't. 

 ♡ It's just another of his many forms of manipulation, but you have no way of knowing that. In your eyes, he's just the sweet, charming bard that fell in love with you on a whim one day. 

 ♡ Also, he likes to serenade you sometimes, if only to convince you even further to be with him. But most of the time, it's a show of his affection. Accept his offers to sing for you, he made the song for you, after all! 

 ♡ Your perception of him, as twisted as it may be, is the only reason Clover still keeps up this act.

♡ He just wants you to love him, and right now, in your delusional state, you do! And that's all he really cares about. 

 ♡ If he has to cheat his way through this whole relationship, he will. He'll lie to save his reputation, he'll manipulate you to keep you with him at all times, he'll gaslight you so you never want to leave. 

 ♡ But you're none the wiser, and he'd prefer to keep it that way.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵