𝙖𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚 ♡ t. keeper

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

» REQUESTED BY ; deerii ( tumblr ) «

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ORDER #019 》
timekeeper cookie

HEADCANONS ... written by nova

prns ; they/them

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

» RULER OF EVERYTHING / TALLY HALL «

0:00 ─〇───────────── 0:00

⇆ ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻

DO YOU HEAR THE CLOCK STOP WHEN YOU REACH THE END !

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

♡ timekeeper cookie was never really ... normal, per se. she always seemed to have a couple of screws loose,, often readily trying dangerous stunts and experimenting with dubious things that others would avoid like the plague.

♡ you didn't mind,, though. it gave her an extra layer of character. sure,, some of her logic might be screwed up,, but judging from the amount of time she spent fiddling with the spacetime continuum and dealing with the stifling TBD,, it was more than impressive that she hadn't gone insane yet. you loved her all the same.

♡ i mean,, how could you not? timekeeper was everything you could want from a significant other; pretty,, intelligent,, outgoing and free spirited. besides,, the two of you were practically destined to be! timekeeper had claimed that, at least -- in all the other branches of time she explored,, you and her were always together. 

♡ you had blindly believed her words. she always had charisma,, but perhaps your naivety contributed to the web of lies as well. you still found it hard to believe that you were the part of the cause,, though. all humans,, and cookies,, usually hold themselves to higher esteem than others,, no matter how saintly they act or how much benevolence they exude. 

♡ everyone was selfish. this was a fact you lived by,, a fact that was pounded into your brain the hard way. betrayal hits hard,, but it hits harder when it happens many,, many times.

♡ your relationship with timekeeper was the longest of the little affairs that you've had so far,, and you remembered feeling surprised that you were still together with her. she was way out of your league,, and you were accustomed to getting your hopeless romantic's heart broken all the time. sometimes you wondered if your happy relationship was all a dream.

♡ in your lover's arms,, it definitely did feel fantastical. timekeeper was a very touchy person; she needed her daily hugs and butterfly kisses and hand holds and cuddles. you were more than happy to provide them to her. seeing her content expression was more than enough for you. 

♡ but soon you'd come to question if it was ever enough for her.

♡ timekeeper always seemed to want more. more of this,, more of that. she only wanted your attention on her,, all the time,, everywhere,, even while she was off jumping through time. you worried if you even had enough validation to give -- you had repeatedly told her that you had a life outside of her,, but she never seemed to understand -- and you were quick to reach your peak.

♡ it felt weird being on the opposite end of a break up. you were often on the receiving end rather than the giving. the switched roles didn't lessen the aching pain in your chest,, however,, as the rehearsed words of your speech cut through your lips. you were barely holding yourself together with your last stitches of dignity,, but Timekeeper was eerily calm.

♡ you should've took her response as warning to the coming danger. you didn't.

♡ the air was ripe with the stench of metallic blood and rotting decay. it felt like it manifested as claws around your neck,, digging into the soft skin of your throat and depriving you of your basic need to breathe. yet the revolting smell that clogged your lungs like smog was the least of your worries.

♡ rather,, your eyes were locked onto the dozens of bodies strung up in the little,, cramped room,, tacked onto walls with ornate,, golden scissors like a sick display of superiority. 

♡ some you recognized. friends that had gone missing within the past few months in varying stages of deterioration,, a couple of your ex flings with their intestines brutally ripped out and limbs ripped to bloody shreds. others you could barely discern,, due to either their faces being savagely ripped up or simply being people you've never seen before in your life. you managed to decipher one as a barista who served you at a local coffee shop once and brushed your hand by accident. 

♡ naive as you were,, you weren't a complete idiot. all of these corpses here have had a connection with you,, regardless if you remembered them or not. they didn't do anything to deserve this. it made your stomach churn that you were the one who initiated this brutal en masse killing. god,, who would do something this murderous? this disturbing? this obsessive?

♡ oh,, you should've known. you should've known that it was timekeeper. no one as crazy as her would've attempted something as insane as this. the motifs were everywhere -- the dazzling gold shears,, the galactic vibe of the room,, hell,, you walked into a rip of time she had forgotten to close to get here!

♡ you should've ran when you had the chance,, because now she's never going to let you go.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵