𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙖𝙙𝙚 ♡ p. vanilla

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

» REQUESTED BY anon ( tumblr ) «

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ORDER #012 》
pure vanilla cookie

HEADCANONS ... written by morgan

prns ; they/them

❛ leaving for the war had 
probably been the worst decision 
he had ever made. ❜

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

» WASHING MACHINE HEART / MITSKI «

0:00 ─〇───────────── 0:00

⇆ ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻

❝ I THOUGHT MAYBE WE COULD KISS TONIGHT !

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

♡ Looking back, be probably should've held you more before he left.

♡ Sure, you likely would've complained and told him to get off—but be wasn't unused to that! You were always a little standoffish when it came to affection, he understood that well!

♡ So he tried to limit his hugs and kisses, but he was leaving soon, and there was always the possibility of him not returning from the war—though, obviously, he chose not to think about that.

♡ He liked the feeling of your warmth. It comforted him, helped him gain a little confidence before he charged into battle.

♡ Your hugs were soft, even though they were few and far between. You were always a gentle soul, partially the reason he liked you in the first place.

♡ But he can't feel that warmth anymore.

♡ Your hands are cold, that's the first thing he notices.

♡ The second thing he notices is the pale hue of your face. It's a deathly color, one he can't stand to look at. So he doesn't. He averts his eyes, but he still knows what he saw.

♡ When he looks back, he notices a third thing.

You're not breathing.

♡ At least, there's no rhythmic movement of your body, no indication of life.

♡ He wants to scream.

♡ Punch, kick, anything to let off steam.

♡ But he can't—he has a reputation to uphold, and acting so undignified would surely tarnish it.

♡ So he keeps quiet. Silently mourning and yelling in his head.

♡ You were supposed to be safe. Keyword: supposed.

♡ He told you to stay still, to hide while he was gone—why hadn't you listened?

♡ If you had just followed his command, you'd be alive right now. But he can't entirely blame it on you, either. It was also his fault, for not going the extra mile to further ensure your safety.

♡ But that's in the past—well, not the very distant past, but past tense nonetheless.

♡ In his mind, he's already decided on how to move forward.

♡ He'll simply make whoever (or whatever) responsible for your passing feel the same way he does. With whatever means necessary.

♡ An eye for an eye, after all.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵