08 ) An Affair So Beautiful

you were so loveable, I thought I loved myself

Falling in love was not one of the things I wanted to do this year

Falling in love was not one of the things I wanted to do this year. In reality, I just... wanted to move on from Sunwoo. However, the image of her keeps replaying in my mind whenever I look at Rena, and it kills me inside. I'm doing Rena so wrong. I'm doing her worse than I'm doing myself. She's always right, and I start to think that if I did Sunwoo the same, she still would've stayed around.

Why do I beat myself like this? I can't move on while Rena is here. I never will if I stick with her.

"Then what are we, Rena?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are we... a cherry love?"

She hums, smiling softly. I feel her arms wrap around me, and even as she scoots closer, placing her head on my chest, I'm frozen.

"No, Jungwon, not yet," Rena whispers just barely, and my heart fluctuates.

"We're just a cherry affair."

I read her eyes even as she tells me these things. We're not in love. We're just filling holes in each other in hopes that one day, we'll be filled without each other's help.

"I hope you understand, Jungwon, I am no fairy. I am no person one is capable of loving because I have yet to love myself," She slowly says, smiling softly. "No person can love someone who is going to die inevitably. I told you."

"I want you to love yourself, Rena," I whisper, leaning forward. "Don't you know how much you mean to me?"

"Don't try to boost my ego, Jungwon," She shakes her head, turning around and away from me. "You want to fill the hole in your heart, and I want to have something that I won't forget on my last days on earth. Don't think that you can fix it so quickly."

I don't reply. Hell, she's right as always, but for once,

I also want to be right.

I wrap my arms around her frail body, the girl senseless as she lays still. "Rena, I can't forget you. I can't leave you now, even if I wanted to," I whisper, laying my head behind hers. "You just don't want to try and fix it. You don't want anyone to love you because you don't want to forget the days you had. I promise you, Rena, you are capable of loving."