14 ) Redemption For Me And You

don't go yet

don't go yet.

My shoulders shake as I delete every photo of Sunwoo and me on my phone

My shoulders shake as I delete every photo of Sunwoo and me on my phone. Anniversary photos, birthday photos, valentine's photos... they all disappear with every tap. How do people do it? How do people move on so easily and delete these precious photos like they never happened? It's unbelievable thinking that it must be so easy for everyone.

Finally, I delete our last photo together. Sunwoo, I'll stop talking about you. I'll stop referring to you as your name, as "she", as anything that resembles you. I'll forget everything you've taught me and stick to Rena, even though your knowledge is just as valuable. It's hard, but at least I know that you and I finally have no bad blood. I'm rather glad about that.

"Hey, Jungwon," Someone softly calls out, causing me to wipe my tears and any dried ones that might linger. Rena makes her way in front of me in her wheelchair, her smile sad as I help her sit next to me. She sighs softly, patting my shoulder as the silence consumes both of us. She decides to scoot closer, ready to start a conversation. "You're a horrible liar, you know?"

I chuckle, shaking my head before turning to her. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Saying you're always okay, lying to us that you don't remember anything, saying you're going home when in reality, you went to visit Sunwoo..." She trails off, causing me to look down. I'm not surprised she knew. If anything, Sunghoon's the one who wouldn't get the hint. He's often confused about what everyone else knows. "Jungwon, I want to be there for you, even after all the crap we go through. I know, we both made mistakes this past month... but even when I try to forget you, the sight of you crying pops up in my mind. I just can't leave you like that, you know? I'm certain that it's the same for me."

I let her continue, looking down. "And I know that you don't want to tell me everything. That's okay too. I just... want to be the one you can tell everything to when that day comes. I want to be the branch that holds your flower, or the bag that holds your needs. Depend on me, Jungwon. I don't care how bad you use me or if you leave me for dead. I want you to be happy."

I slightly sigh, stressing over her genuine words. "Rena, please-"

"I mean it, Jungwon," She grabs my face, turning me. My lips are squashed together, her face slightly stained with a fresh waterfall of tears. She nods, being as cute as she could be. "Depend on me."