11 ) Finally, We Meet At the Border

go big or go home

go big or go home.

I can feel the beads of sweat form as I sit outside of the emergency waiting room, Doctor Liu stressing as well

I can feel the beads of sweat form as I sit outside of the emergency waiting room, Doctor Liu stressing as well. "Shoot, Jungwon, what happened back there?"

"I don't know, Chenhan, I-" I sigh heavily, feeling the guilt bare onto me. I try to backtrack, trying to remember it all. Finally, it hits me. When I removed her from the wheelchair, her IV came out as well. She must've fainted from high blood pressure or something far worse than that. "Shoot, god damn it!"

"What!?"

"I took out her IV," I stress, causing Chenhan to sigh heavily. "I had to take it out, I- she wanted to go on the Ferris wheel. I just wanted to take her there... and I kissed her. She must've known that after that... she was going to faint. "I didn't mean for her to be in this condition, really, Chenhan-"

"It's okay, Jungwon, it's not your fault. You didn't know about it, it's fine," She sighs, nodding. She smiles softly, pushing up her glasses. "Next time, though, please make sure to never take her IV out. It gives her the medicine that keeps her alive."

I nod, sighing heavily. I'm trying my best to keep it together, especially when I worry deeply for her safety. Before I can talk to Chenhan, I hear loud and swift footsteps down the hall. Chenhan instantly turns, her eyes widening as she stands straight.

"Where is she!?"

"Mom, calm down," Shoot. An entanglement with her mother? I didn't ask for this... and especially after what both the Liu sisters told me, she was bad news. I eye her up and down as she tries to charge into the emergency room: Long, chestnut hair, a dress in cheetah print that shows her multimillion worth, and her red heels that somehow match the outfit that it's repulsive. She turns to me briefly, but soon, she stares at me. I look at her neon red lipstick. It's scary. "Mom, I promise you, Rena is just fine and will be out soon-"

"YOU!" She yells at me, pointing as she charges over. Chenhan's eyes fire up in alarm as I stand still, unable to move. She stands in front of me, hand in the air and ready to beat me up. "Are you the one who brought my daughter outside of this hospital?!"