chapter twenty four.

Reese POV:

"That's it, you have crossed the line Reese Vanderbilt."

I groaned as Pria's voice boomed through the intercom. I was sitting in my office sorting through paperwork and trying to find out any information I could about the people behind the recent attacks. After stopping the attack with the Italian's yesterday, my soldier's and I interrogated the assailants at our headquarters for hours. We split all of them up and forced each one of them to spit out every detail they could about the people that hired them, but we came up with absolutely nothing. Just like the man the Di Genova's and I questioned at the scene, every single one of the assailants were clueless. I was right to assume that they were nothing more than bodies for hire, so we let them go with a warning and we bitterly strolled back to square one.

The only reason I was there to help out the Italian's yesterday was because my dad was occupied with other business. While I was at the attack site with the Di Genova's, my dad was conducting a raid while assuming that I was following the doctor's orders and resting so my injuries could heal properly. Admittedly, I was in a lot of pain but I also knew that we needed to figure out what was happening and who was endorsing it. So I ignored the doctor's orders and made my way over to where the attack was taking place.

Pria and Nico, being the traitorous snitches they are, told my dad where I was and what I was doing. So when he came back from the raid and realized that I was in fact, not in bed, he stormed over to our headquarters and threatened to sedate me if I quote and quote, "didn't get my ass back into bed, in the next five minutes."

It was quite embarrassing.

Nonetheless, I complied and went back to bed just like he asked, only to wake up at 5am and successfully sneak out of the Vanderbilt estate and make my way over to my estate, so I could work in peace. In the haste of escaping my dad's wrath, I forgot one very important factor.

The traitorous snitches lived at my estate.

So now here I was, sitting in my office, watching the glass doors and waiting for Pria and Nico to storm in any minute now.

"You little manipulator."

And there they were.

Pria aggressively shoved open my office doors and marched over to my desk with a calm Nico following behind her. I sighed.

"Just give me five more minutes Pria."

My request fell on deaf ears. Pria ripped my tablet out of my hands and shoved it into the arms of a startled Nico. She then proceeded to angrily collect my laptop and all the paperwork on my desk.

"Pri, come on-"

"Phone and watch."

I looked at Pria's no-nonsense face and tilted my head. She had her right arm extended with her palm up, demanding for me to hand over the rest of my electronics. I just blinked blankly at her.

At my hesitation and nonchalance, Pria spoke up once again. "Ree, I'm not kidding. Hand your phone and watch over right now."

"I have work to do, Pria." I tried to explain.

Her lips pursed as her eyes narrowed at me. I could practically see the steam coming out of her ears. I grimaced and looked over at Nico, only to find the smug piece of shit smirking at me. He knew and I knew that I was about to get very heavily lectured. He grabbed the rest of my things out of Pria's hands and plopped down on my couch a few meters away. Enjoying my torture.

"Reese Vanderbilt." Pria huffed.

I rolled my eyes.

"You are supposed to be on bed rest for the next two weeks. Need I remind you that you have four broken ribs!"