Chapter twenty - - The Grocery date

Cassandra.

Im on my way to the mall to meet my sister. I promised to take her to the grocery and then cook dinner for her tonight.

I feel so excited to have time with her and breath in without the thought of Jeremy. I was angry last night, 'admittingly yes but ' I was', past tense. And its all gone now, maybe I was just not used to find her late because she went on a date whatsoever to her fiance. Not to mention the unwanted what if's of my thoughts and not to mention again, the hurt and the unexplained feelings I was controlling last night. It wasn't easy to keep cool when every part of you wants to burst out but then again, I lose every right of jealousy the time I left Jem so keeping my emotions at bay is a must.

But pushing all thoughts aside I hurriedly went into the entrance of the mall to find my sister. Im excited to meet her and have some bonding time with her just like always.

As I went in, I glance up and almost back out when I saw a familiar figure but before I can even turn my back and go unnotice Emily called. I release a deep sigh. Looks like I have no other choice.

I force a smile. "Hi." I simply said trying to look natural and happy.

Jeremy just look at me and give me a cool smile. He was holding Emily and look so good and handsome, I stare at him longer than I wanted and had notice his clean face looking fresh from shaving. His eyes were glittering and he look so hot. I shook my head. Erase with the thought! So I gaze at my sister who on other hand give me an apologetic look, maybe for not telling me that Jeremy will be joining us today or maybe for being late last night or maybe both?

I give her a smile and a nod. I have fully put my mind to be at ease with Jeremy being present and to be as possible be considerate for any reason and act concerning the latter. I cross my fingers. Hope I can do this well.

I let them lead the way as they were so sweet and I feel so outcasted. They keep on hugging each other and were inseparable if I would so mind I might think Jeremy is making more of the scene than usual or maybe his just so sweet to her always. I shrug. I dont know the answers for my questions and petting in any emotions would just make the worst situation worser or the worsest, if such word even existed.

Time passed so slow, I didn't even know three minutes of walking to reach the supermarket section was long and suffocating enough! I need to be away and the only escape available there is, is to fast pace.

I pull one cart and make a fast way to the vegetable section. I hurried myself, looking so cool and busy I get all ingredients and groceries I needed. I keep on avoiding their gaze and path as possible, redirecting my cart if I see them near.

I engaged myself busily and let them be lost in sight when I was reading a box of pancakes and bump in.

The box drop instantly.

"ooh sorry . ." I muttered without looking.

"if I didn't know you,"--a hand also appear as I pick the box, I instantly look up. --" I would have already assume you were trying to hide from us." he sounded amused. He smile teasingly so like an impulse I look away stocking the pancake in the cart to hide my face from blushing.

Stupid face. I feel I was caught of guard so instead of looking at him I directed myself to the stocks in my side. I pull two items without knowing what they are and put them in the cart unconciously. I keep on moving and absently pulling items on their shelves. What am I even doing?

"do you need that?" I saw my hand in mid air as I try to reach one item again.

I look at him blankly.

"so we're not in a talking mood huh? No blabbering and fast talking. . .no agitated or confident statements?"

It took me a moment to understand what he was saying. I look again in the item. And it says flour, I frown myself. I'm too preoccupied and I look so stupid! Why am I acting this way?

"where's Emme?" I finally found my voice but didnt bother to look at him nor answer his question. I also took the flour though I don't know when or if ever I'll use them. I stock them in the cart and move again.

I heard him follow.

"in the lady's room. ." he quickly answer.

I just muttered 'okay' and move again.

My thoughts were in a huge clamor. I keep on saying to myself whats the matter? Then questions pop in like Why can't I face him today? Why the hell am I feeling so uneasy about him? Why on earth is he friendly now? Were not even friends, enemies would just be an understatement yet why is he acting cool while im hella panicking?

My sister came to my rescue. She's back so I push the cart to the counter so I can breath.

What a hell day. Then decided to myself that Next time I'll do the grocery alone.

I don't know having them displaying gross attentions would want me to vomit? Or was I just being bitter? Either way, Im so fool to think that I can have a bonding time today with Emme. Odds are really not in my favor.

Im really starting to hate my life.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Jeremy.

If there's one thing I know about Cassandra, its that she can't hide herself when she blush.

I almost form a smile when I saw her face and the way she hides it. She look so obvious. I mean, she's always been this emotion-controlled Cass nowadays but seeing her in such panicking and blushing state is cute. She look cute.

"Hon. ." a voice came in so I turn around and saw Emme coming, then as she smile at me I suddenly feel guilty for something.

What did I do to make me feel guilty?

Common. I really need my mind examined.