Chapter twenty Nine -- another silly day

Cassandra.

Atlast the project is on its feet and not just that, it wasn't just walking but its flying! The project launch was a success, the investors and even the board were too pleased with the result making me and the whole team in great jubillee for our months of hard labor and stress.

"We finally made it!" Ariel said happily while looking at me. We were currently in the office, filing and taking the results for the two day test out. And so far so good.

I smiled at him feeling thankful for all his support, feeling teary I hugged him tight. "We made it!" I said almost giggling while hugging him which he returned happily too.

"ofcourse. ." He said. "Im born smart. .if not, well I could be a lucky charm."

I laughed at his joke and just make the most out of it until I hear a cough from behind. Drifting away and looking at Ariel's almost disgusted face I spun around and saw Jeremy's glare. His somehow unreadable.

"err. .some hug too?" He said making me realize that his jealous with Ariel making me remember his words in the seminar.

Too happy with everything I rushed to him and hugged him tight. Him, however made even an attempt to lift me and spin me around while hugging making me a bit dizzy when I landed ground.

I give him a soft punch. "We made it." I said to him with happiness as I look into his eyes.

"Yes, we made it." He said in a soulful tone while he was looking at me, displaying pride and happiness.

"thank you. ." I said not looking away.

"No need to thank me. .It's My job, remember?" He said winking at me making me more at ease with him. His being really close and nice lately, actually his being pretty sweet too.

"Well. .good job Mr. Consultant. .good job." I said nodding and helding a two thumbs up for him.

He grinned at me in response. "Thank you, Ms. Vice President."

Gasping, I suddenly remember my promotion and the relevance of the project to it. I almost forgot, actually even my resumes were quiet forgotten and now I don't really know what to do next. Reminding me a bit of what was to come give me bit of discomfort and unease but looking at Jem's proud face, I somewhat neglect any other emotions but happiness and pride only.

"Congratulations." He added still looking at me too proudly.

I feel my smile grew wider and find myself wanting to hug him again but refrain myself from doing so afraid others would be suspicious but surprisingly the other members were just humming and are l in their own celebratory moments making them forget about us, so the world just seems to revolve around me and Jem alone for a while making the two of us savor the moment while still looking at each other, communicating silently until someone broke and thought for a proper celebration at once.

"To Cassandra's house! Wohooo!" Miana said while pointing at me, I don't really know where the authority of her came from, from inviting guest but then again tonight is a night of celebration. So hell yeah!

"To my house!!!" I decreed making everyone yell and whistle and indeed moments later we found ourselves in my home, packed with food deliveries and drinks. They said its a party all night and I said it is indeed.

* * * * *

The day become almost a de ja vu when I wake up with a hard thud in my head. I cursed mentally as I tried to think of how many bottles did I drink last night, unfortunately I seem to forgot.

Grogily I forced myself out of my bed and started my day. After I went downstairs to drink milk or coffee or chocolate or anything hot to filled my stomach which to my relief, Emme so provided.