Family Dinner

Lia

     After leaving Quinn's she'd come home to take a nap.  She'd been slightly tossed and agreed to have Liam pick her up.  Now laying in bed Lia cursed herself for picking the brother she wanted to see naked.  Thanks Jameson for that.  She'd just have to keep her hands to herself Lia told herself as she sat up and looked around the room.

   Having about an hour till Liam arrived Lia got up and took another shower to clear the fog from her brain.  Then dressing in another pair of grey wool casual trousers and a light pink silk blouse she looked at the women in the mirror.  She'd style her hair in a soft half up half down look.  Keep it all soft to make them believe she was bruised but not broken she decided.

   The image she created greeted Liam when he knocked on her door.  Inviting him in Lia saw him taking it all in but not in a sexual way.  She realized he understood the purpose behind the softer image.

  "So what's our back story?" he questioned as she collected her jacket and purse.

   "Where was the last place you traveled?" Lia questioned as she considered.  He was smart to know they would need one.  Family asked and an answer was needed.
When he answered San Fransico for a fight Royce was in an idea bloomed.  "Were members of the Blood Wolves MC present at the fight?" she asked already pulling her phone out as they headed out to his car.

  "Aye.  The President son was fighting as well as a couple of members" he answered openning the passenger side door for her then waited till she was in to close it.  Cute she thought as she scrolled her contacts looking for Demon.  Yes she'd made connections while in South Carolina.  Pressing call she held a finger up when Liam went to ask what she was up to.

  "Little Assassin, a surprise to hear from you" Demon answered cheerfully

  " Demon if inquiries are made I was with the club at the fights in your town.  Royce Black was participating and I became close with his brother Liam." she offered after a few general pleasantrys.

  "Very well.  Good looking lad Liam is too.  Perhaps your adding another layer to our family.  If details are required add that you met at the clubhouse instead of the fight as both brothers came on the saturday night to party and talk business" Demon supplied and made Lia smile at curiosity she heard in his voice at the prospect of Liam connection to the club personally.

  "I will" Lia offered thanking him then chuckled when he simply hung up. Only then did she realize they still sat parked outside her building.  Thankfully they still had time and weren't yet late.  "We met on the saturday of the fights at the MC clubhouse.  Neither of us really remember much of the night but we had a connection.  I have connections now to Demon and he will back it up if someone checks it out.  Quinn can fabricate airline trails for me coming to Boston a couple times since." she offered and watched him grin as he started the car.

   "So if anyone looks it authenticates my sudden apearance with the lost mulligan daughter.  How do I explain me not telling the family that I'd met you and you were alive" he questioned when they got stopped by a red light.

   "Say I used my grandmothers maiden name.  Which by the way is Kennedy.  Food alergies or things you hate?" she then questioned offering that she was alergic to shellfish and hated mushrooms.  He wasn't allergic to anything but really didn't like ketchup and pickles.  Weirdo.

    By then they'd reached the bar and she instructed him to pull around back.  Lia knew they'd all meet down in the bar so taking his hand guided him into the front.

   "You good?" he quietly questioned a hint of worry to his voice when she hessitated right outside the door.

    "Aye" she answered then stepped inside as his hand came to rest on her hip giving a light squeeze.  He had her back.

Liam

     Hand resting on her hip to show he had her they entered the crouded bar.  Almost instantly the family started coming forward to greet Lia.  Some tearfully, some still looking a little shocked to be seeing her alive.  With each Lia made sure to introduce him though the family already knew him.  Another surprise as he was now introduced as her fiance.

   When Liam saw Colin and Eamon headed in their direction he acted fast pulling her into his chest.  Whispering for her to play along he felt her relax into him.

   "Is she okay?" Colin questioned reaching out to touch Lia who flinched away which wasn't an act.

   "Aye, just overwhelmed by it all.  Love lets head up and see your mum" Liam excused then lead her towards the door leading up to the apartments.  Like always they passed a guard who stood on the otherside.  Lia stayed curled into him till they reached the top landing.

  "Thank you" she quietly offered then took his hand to lead them to her parents door which was wide open.  "Mum" she called out as they entered and brought Neala rushing out of the kitchen.

   "Liam Black" another female voice questioned as Lia hugged her mother.  Turning Liam smiled as Ryan came over to hug him but didn't miss the questioning look she shot at him first.

   "Aunt Ryan, Mum this is Liam...my fiance" Lia let the bomb drop with a huge grin on her face.  Little shit.  This is where things could get a little rough and she was loving it.

  "Care to explain that one lad" Ryan shot out first but thankfully Lia wasn't too set on seeing him flayed and torchured.  Stepping into his side she quickly defended that he hadn't know who she was when they met seven months ago.  "We'll have that discussion another night then" Ryan told her niece then headed back to the kitchen.

   They'd only been there twenty minutes and Liam knew it was going to be a long night.  He was also glad he was there as more often than not Lia turned into him for support when it became to much.  A fact that hadn't gone unnoticed by her brother and Hugo.  Both held looks that spoke that another conversation was also in his future.

Unknown

    Sitting surrounded by family he watched her and Liam.  Seated beside each other it was another complication he really didn't fuckin need right now.  Not only did the little bitch have Finn and Hugo hovering but now one of the Black men too.  Fuck him. 

   Petrov had called with his apologies and asured the matter would be taken care of.  Man was even going to foot the bill to have the matter professionally outsourced so it couldn't be connected to him.  Until then he'd been instructed to keep their connection quiet just in case.

  So here he was sharing a meal with the women he'd attempted to kill not just once, but twice.  He could feel the change already.  Knew questions would soon start regarding her disapearance years ago.  A connection made that an insider would have been needed.  He couldn't afford them to look too deep.  He needed to start covering his connection now just in case.

   She was fucking it all up.  Sitting there looking all sweet and innocent.  Just an act.  She always made others look bad.  No never the little princesses fault. 

   "Pass the gravy" Hugo called breaking into his thoughts and reaching for the gravy he passed it to the man.  Another thorn in his side that would be next on his list.

Note:

Do you like the unknown POV?  We know he was at the table and there.  Who do you think it was?  I'd love to hear your guesses.