Hugo

Hugo

    He was fuckin pissed!

    Watching his cousin and Liam he knew what was going on even if they weren't odvious about it.  The way they moved just told that a new rhythem existed between them.  It went beyond a fake engagement and two days spent together.  Odviously while he'd been out dealing with matters Liam had crossed a line.

   Lia had called them all back to her place not too sweetly in her asking either.  They'd been in the thick of a plan and the lass had not been happy being put off.  Hugo figured he'd be forgiven given all they'd learned.  Arriving he'd been prepared to talk fast to save an ass kicking only to get another kick all together.

  Walking in he's found the pair sitting at the island freshly showered and sharing a drink.  Given how freshly showered he now musded that a drink wasn't all they'd shared.  Fuck that didn't sit right with him but he'd kept quiet and watched as the others arrived.  Saw how the two moved about each other now.  Not touching physically but Liam gave away the most.  The man was too watchful of his lass, knew her needs as they came.  Fuck.

  "Now who wants to explain the events going on behind my back" Lia shot out breaking through his thoughts as she faced the men lounging around her living space.

  "Lia" Finn started his tone holding a tint of remorse which she jumped upon in a breath.

   "Don't Lia me.  The lot of you decided to take over and keep me in the dark these past 48 hours.  This is my life we are talking about.  My past.  Yet the lot of ye decided to protect the wee damaged lass didn't you.  taking not a breath to ask wether I could handle it or not. Fools" she ranted and had Liam stepping in behind her.  Hands on her waist Hugo saw her relax a wee bit and mentally cursed.

  "We needed to act fast.  Sure we could have waited and checked in with you on every step.  But we'd have lost time.  Time that allowed up to cross Marcus and Ivo off the list." Royce jumped in looking first to Lia then to his brother behind her.  He odviously was not the only one who'd noticed the change between them. 

   Hugo mentally cursed seeing a flash of hurt in her gaze as Collin was yet to be wiped off the list.  Knowing that Royce had needed to state it as he had.  Also hating that what hadn't been added yet was what they had learned about Eamon and Collin.  Both had been caught slipping out after news came of Alexei's death.  Both seen later at the shipping yard.

   Lost in his thoughts Hugo didn't realize the lass was looking at him.  But when he did it was clear he hadn't masked his feeling well enough.

  "Which one?" she threw the questioned at him

   "Both.  Collin was seen leaving Mulligan's only minutes before Eamon.  Gideon has been on Collin and our cousin Stone on Eamon.  Both reported that both went to the shipyards.  Collin was seen entering a building but Stone lost sight of Eamon but both men were there" Quinn offered as Liam moved Lia gently to sit on one of the stools before getting her a drink.

   "Do we know who they were there to meet?" she questioned taking the drink but them grabbing Liam when he moved to step away.  Hugo watched as Liam looked down at her worriedly but simply rester back on the island only inches from her now.

   "No but a black car seen leaving the docks was also reported to arrive at Dirty Laundry 17 minutes later." Quinn answered again then motioned for everyone to be silent as Lia processed what they'd learned.  Let her realize what had to come next on her own.
It didn't take her long.

  "They need to be questioned.  We can't wait for either of them to do something that could hurt the family.  We already hold a target because of three lives taken.  Retaliation will come for that but...we need to find the traitor" she murmered then got up to get her phone from where it sat charging beside the tv.

  "What are you planning lass" Liam questioned as she began to scroll.

  "This can have no touch of either of our families." she answered then looked up to look at Quinn who seemed to read where she was going with this.  "I have an outsider I can bring in to question both.  But you need to know that if the traitor is found it will be over by their hand.  That's the price." she told them and Hugo felt a moment of fear before he nodded to do it.  Two birds, one stone.  Whoever the traitor was needed to be found and they could not see them killed themselves.

  "Make the call" he told her then listenned as she made it.  Asking for someone named Sara before telling the women they were in need of the banshee's services.  Holy Fuck.  How did his little cousin know the Banshee.

Unknown.

    Someone was set to fuck with his plans and to say he was pissed was an understatment.  With Alexei's death went his connection again to the russians.  The plans they'd had in place that would have seen him moving up in the family organization.  He'd accepted long ago the price that would need to be paid.  But last night had upped that price.

    Slavo had stepped up into his brothers roll as head of the Boston branch of the Petrov organization.  Youngest of the Petrov brothers he was a man many steered clear of.  The things he'd heard of the man were enough to make him hesitate when the call to meet came in.  But he'd gone to the meet and now wished he hadn't.

    Slavo Petrov had lost two brothers and a nephew and blamed Lia for all three.  Which connected their deaths to him in the mans eyes as they were family.  Slavo called for a price to be paid he wasn't sure he could live with.  Lia he would gladly hand over but the man wan't to take out two more. He wanted the heads of Sean and Finn Mulligan.  The current head of the family and the next in payment for the lives of his brothers. 

   He'd have died then and there is he'd refused.  Still might die as Slavo would not talk of the agreement with Alexei until this matter was settled.  So he'd returned home and now blamed this whole mess on Lia.  He'd been so close to getting what he'd wanted.  So close to getting the respect in the family he'd deserved all along.  Fucking bitch would die even if he had to see to it himself.  And this time she'd stay dead.

Note:

   Hey all.  Things are about to heat up.  Two more cross overs seen in this chapter to the Blood Wolve's Series.  For those readers who don't know the Banshee is the wife of San Fransico's President Demon.  She is definatly not a women you want to mess with.  I kind of feel bad for writing her in lol