Chapter 24

"Now that we've had that encounter, I believe that we should be on our way," Tony said, breaking everyone from their shocked state. Fern giggled, grabbing Bucky's hand in hers walking them over to the others.

"I feel like we should be addressing you as your Highness with that on your head," Steve smiled, pulling Fern into a hug.

"We should be," Bucky nodded. "Let's hear it for her Highness Fern!" He broadcasted, leading everyone to cheer as he and Steve picked Fern up and held her on their shoulders.

Fern laughed as Elder and Buzz flew around her before landing on her shoulders. Ryker ran around their feet, howling. "Okay, I think that's enough. I'm no queen." Again, Fern laughed, patting the tops of Steve and Bucky's heads to put her down.

"Oh, you're going to hate Tony's party if you can't handle this," Natasha laughed, walking up to her. "We need to find a dress that shows off that crown because wow."

"Come on, people, we've gotta get moving!" Tony shouted, breaking up the fun. "You can all party tomorrow night."

"I'll go grab your bags," Bucky smiled at Fern before running into the house with Steve.

Fern looked around at her friends packing the jet before remembering that she was about to forget something, "Hey Sam, come here for a minute." Fern called, gaining the man's attention.

"What's up, beautiful?" Sam grinned, walking over to her.

"You want to get punched, don't you?" Bucky snapped, walking out of the house.

Fern waved Bucky off with a laugh. "Ignore him. I have a surprise for you." Fern whistled and quickly grabbed Sam's arm and held it out in front of him. "Just wait."

Sam gave her a questioning look before watching a Falcon swoop down from the trees and land on his arm. "Holy–" Fern covered his mouth with her hand.

"Careful, you don't want to spook him. He needs to get used to your voice before you can be too loud. But, this is your Falcon." Fern smiled, taking a step back from the pair.

"You got me, a Falcon? For real?" Sam smiled. He slowly moved his free hand up to run his fingers over the chest of the Falcon.

"I rescued him a little while back, and I thought you two would make a good team," Fern smiled. "Take it slow, but he's going to trust you. After that, we can work on some training at the compound." Sam nodded at her, completely enveloped in the Falcon on his arm. Fern smiled, walking over to where Bucky and Steve were talking.

"Where's my pet? You got Sam a pet and not me?" Bucky scuffed.

"I'm with Bucky; I expected something before Sam," Steve smirked.

"Firstly, Bucky, you stole my wolf, and secondly, Steve, I can work on it, but do you want to be in a club with Sam and Clint?" Fern rolled her eyes. "I can't get everyone an animal. The ones I have given were rescued, and again Bucky stole my wolf."

"If I weren't scared of the giant gold bird, I would leave you all here. Let's move it, people." Tony shouted once again. The group groaned but began boarding the jet. Fern whistled for Elder and Buzz, taking one last look at the mountain and the house. It would be strange not being at her home, but this was a well overdue step.

"Come on," Bucky took her hand and led Fern onto the jet, taking a seat next to Wanda. Elder and Buzz sat on her shoulders as she watched the door close.