24

BREAKING NEWS

 My dear readers, your favorite reporter has just come across so rather unsettling information that has been kept from the public. Our esteemed Albus Dumbledore seems to have more than a few skeletons in his closet that he would like to keep to himself. Well, we all know very well that this reporter will not let that happen. I have been provided some very interesting information about your esteemed headmaster. We all remember Grindelwald and the unspeakable things he did. However, something we didn't know was that Albus grew up with the man. They were even friends, now that. That is something that I would never have believed if I had not been provided with proof of it. How are we to trust a man that has hidden his past from us? Were they only friends? Did they have something more? Did Albus help Grindelwald? We don't know, but I can promise you that this reporter will do her best to find out. Until next time my lovely readers.

Rita Skeeter, Signing off <3

  The Great Hall was silent, not a movement could be seen. Nobody knew what to think, and then the whispers started. Mostly silent, but grew louder until the Great Hall was a cacophony of noise. Albus was whiter than a sheet, every teacher at the table glancing at him and then back to the paper. Harry sat at his table, he and Cirque trying to keep their faces blank. However, Harry couldn't help the sick smirk that slithered across his face.

Pansy was holding back giggles, and Blaise had to put his face in his crossed arms to keep from laughing. The only person who looked genuinely surprised was poor little Oli, who looked like a deer caught in the headlights, he looked up to Harry.

"Hazza.. is this true?" He asked, barely above a whisper. Harry wiped the smirk off his face and replaced it with a soft smile before responding.

"Yeah Oli, it is." He replied, just as quietly as Oliver had. Oliver looked up to the table and shook his head. Fred and George watched, surprised at the hard look on the little first year's face. Suddenly Dumbledore stood up.

"SILENCE." He yelled, with a clap of his hands. The Hall went dead silent again, all eyes on Dumbledore. He looked visibly angry, and the entire Hall could see it. Which only solidified that what everyone had read in the paper was true. He seemed to hesitate before speaking again, seeming to struggle to drag his calm mask back onto his face.

"Classes will be starting soon, I suggest everyone get back to eating before they do start. Wouldn't want any of you to go to class hungry." He finished with that god awful grandfatherly smile. He sat back down, and magicked his new paper away. The hall was silent for only moments later, before whispering broke out again. Everyone tossing glances up to the head table. Blaise finally brought his head up from his arms, a smirk smile on his face,

"How on earth did you convince her to publish that Har?" He asked. Harry smiled, a dark smile that almost didn't belong to his features.

"She didn't take much convincing honestly, she seems to hate that old goat just as much as we do. A little money, and a deal with the quibbler, and she was more than willing to publish it." Luna smiled at him, and he nodded back at her. Cirque wanted to pretend that Harry convincing her to publish it was surprising. But, it wasn't all that surprising, Harry had a way with words that would make anyone want to listen to him. The clocks tolled, and it was time to go to class, it seemed that as a whole the Great Hall stood to leave. It seemed they were more than happy to be away from Dumbledore after what they had learned. Harry helped Oliver stand and waved to his group.

"I'll catch all of you at class, I need to walk Oli to his first one, don't want anyone saying anything to him." The group nodded and headed on their way. Fred and George fixed Oli's tie and hair, before giving Harry a once over as well.

"I'll see you both in potions my dears." His twins nodded and smiled before making their way to their own class. Harry gestured for Oliver to grab a hold of his robe and they went on their way.

"You were the one who gave Ms. Rita that information?" He asked, quietly. Harry quirked an eyebrow down at him before nodding. Oliver paused for a moment before looking back up at Harry.

"Is Mr. Dumbledore really a bad person Hazza?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed. Harry gave the boy a sad smile.

"Yes Oli he is, he may be worse than any Dark Lord we've ever had." Harry replied solemnly. Oli looked up at him shocked, before looking down and tightening the hand on Harry's robe.

"You and the others are gonna get rid of him?." He asked, quieter than before. Now this. This shocked Harry, he looked down to Oli with an eyebrow raised. The small boy held his gaze, genuinely curious. Harry looked up, debating on answering.

"Yes... yes we are." He replied cautiously. The boy nodded at him.

"Good, bad people shouldn't be in charge of other people." This shocked Harry even more, he almost stopped walking. He looked back down at Oliver quickly. The boy looked up, a fire behind his eyes and smiled. Harry smiled back at him before responding.

"You're absolutely right on that one Oli, they shouldn't." He replied, a fond smile on his face. They continued walking in silence and they made it to Oli's class. Harry bid Oliver to have a good day before heading to his class. Skirting through a few hidden passages on his way as to not be late.

Oliver had definitely surprised him, he hadn't expected that from the small Hufflepuff. He wondered how the others would react when he told them what had happened. He guessed he would have to wait to find out.