19. The Goblet

Parseltongue

Thoughts

Spells

Fred

George

Both Twins

Harry {POV}

We had been  deliberating about how to proceed for a couple hours when I realized that it was almost dinner time, we had blown through our entire break before dinner without realizing it.

"You guys probably haven't noticed but we have 30 mins to dinner, we should probably head towards the great hall," I said nonchalantly, they all looked perplexed before.

"Nev you of course are allowed to sit with us," Theo said quietly and Nev smiled. I chuckled before standing and walking out the door the twins on each side Draco and Blaise slightly behind them and beside them. Nev and Theo were slightly behind and beside those two, in a slight v shape. We made our way into the Great Hall, and as the doors opened people stared as he made our way to the table. Especially the Slytherin's and Sev as we sat down, the twins beside me Draco and Blaise in front of us, and Nev and Theo beside them. I looked up to the staff table and Sev's eyes were wide, I looked down our table, everyone was shocked.

"Dray, are those looks what I think they're for," I asked quietly, he looked around before his eyes went wide. The others peaked around cautiously and they mirrored Dray's expression.

"Yes Har those looks do mean what you think they mean," I gave him a sinister smirk that he mirrored.

"We are "

"Very confused" 

"Ry"the twins chorused, and I smiled, and gestured for Dray to explain.

"It seems that we have accidentally established  a hierarchy in Slytherin, which is a feat by itself, but the fact that it contains three Gryffindors is unheard of," he explained quickly. The twins and Nev seemed to understand, and smirks crossed their faces. Suddenly the old goat stood up with a large smile smeared across his face.

"Before we begin I have an announcement to make, Hogwarts will be hosting this years Tri-Wizard tournament," he said with glee as he waved his wand and a flaming goblet appeared on a raised dais. I heard a few Slytherins gasp and knew this must be bad. I looked over to Dray for an explanation and he just pointed back to Dumbles.

"Many of you are too young to know what the tournament is, so I will explain. The tournament consists of 3 tasks varying in difficulty. To win you most get the most points total of all three tasks. The prize is eternal glory and a 2000 galleon reward. Theses tasks have the potential to be life threatening so only students 17 or older will be allowed to participate. I will be personally setting an age line to make sure these rules are followed. As I said before we are hosting this tournament of age students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons will be coming to our humble school. They will be here next week, that is when we will be allowing people to add their names to the goblet. That is all, dinner is served," He said with a twinkle and a grandfatherly smile.

The hall was silent until it suddenly burst in a cacophony of chatter, upset huffs and outraged cries. Then there were the few who were still trying to process everything the Headmaster just said.

"Why in Merlin's beard would anyone want to risk their lives for this tournament," I asked shocked, then I saw Fred and George's faces.

"Nope, no way," I said immediately. They looked at me with puppy eyes.