Chapter Six

Song: Runaway by AURORA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mel's Pov

It's been about two days since my doctor's visit. We're still waiting on my results since I chose to pee in a cup, which is weird, it takes 2 to 5 days for the results to come in. I wonder what they do with it after they test it? Maybe I don't want to know. I sigh, sprawling out on Sam's bed just staring at the ceiling. Sam works in his office during the morning. So I don't have anyone to talk to until lunch. I haven't left our room- Sam's room. I'm not sure I'm adjusting as well as I hoped. 

"Oooo you called it OUR room!"  My wolf gushes.

"Shut. Up." I blush. My inner wolf has gotten more vocal. He has been... Um.. "acting out" more after my doctor's visit.

"As soon as we get our results back we HAVE to mate!"

" Ugh!" I roll over clutching the pillow over my ears. "Could you be quiet for one minute?!"

"Who are you talking to Mel?" I startle at the sound of Sam's voice, throwing the pillow off the bed. I didn't even hear the door to the bedroom open.

"OH, uh m-my wolf was uh..." I was not about to tell Sam EXACTLY what he said.

"Your wolf?" Sam said in an assumed tone with an eyebrow raised. I cover my burning red face with my hands and roll over on my stomach.

"Mh ummhgg!" I mumble into the bed. I felt the bed dip and a hand laid on my back.

"No need to be embarrassed, my love. I understand. My wolf is annoying me too." Sam rubs my back in circles. I tense a bit at the movement. I move my face from the bed and rest my cheek on the sheets.

"I don't think touching me like that is a good idea right now, my wolf is too excited." I almost whisper. Sam removes his hand from my back.

"I'm sorry, Mel." I get up from lying down so that I can see his face. "I want you to know nothing will happen until you are ready. I promise you that." Sam gives me a light smile.

"You must have great control of your wolf to promise that to me because I don't think I would be able to promise anything if my inner wolf takes control." Sam chuckles at me. "Why are you laughing at me?" I whine. Sam holds my face in his hand bringing his face close to mine. 

"You're too cute." Our noses touch and I let out a small gasp. My body is so sensitive to touch all of a sudden. I look into Sam's eyes, my heart is beating faster. 

"KISS KISS KISS!" My wolf howls.

"Sam-" Our lips were just about to meet when the door slammed open.

"Hey Alpha, I was just- Oh god I am so sorry!" I jump away hitting my back against the headboard. A girl with blonde hair and a nose piercing had just walked in on Sam and me about to kiss. Sam stood tall at the edge of the bed to greet the unexpected guest in our- Sam's room.

"You said our! Again!" My wolf butts in. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly out of annoyance and balled my hands into a fist.

"Sabrina next time please knock." I could feel Sam's embarrassment radiating off of him. I opened my eyes and relaxed my hands waiting to see what was so important she had to barge in here for.

"Sorry Alpha, I had some test results from Dr. Kane as well as a letter from an-" Sabrina looks down at the letter in her hand.  "Aremus Dame." I audibly whined at the mention of him. Sam looked over at me with soft eyes.

"It's alright baby. He can't hurt you anymore. That I can promise." He turned back to Sabrina. "Can I have the test results, please? Put the letter in my office on my desk. Thank you, Sabrina." Sabrina hands the results to Sam.

"Sorry again my Alpha." She does a head bow toward Sam. "And to you my Luna, sorry." She bows her head at me this time and hurries out of the bedroom. I got a weird feeling in my chest when she called me Luna. I am doubtful I will be able to be anything to Sam's pack. I'm weak, can't shift, and I'm damaged. The tearing of an envelope snaps me out of that thought. Sam was opening my results and reading intently. 

"Oh thank god, I was worried." Sam's face looked relieved. He came and sat back down with me on the bed handing me the paper. 

"What am I looking at?" I asked confused.

"These are all the things you are negative of, which is a good thing." He said pointing at the paper.

"So I'm healthy and not dying?" Sam pats my head and chuckles at me.

"You are healthy my little pup." My cheeks flush red.

"Why do you call me that?" 

"Because it's cute to see you blush and get flustered." Sam smirks. I feel something tingling down in my lower stomach. This is not a feeling I have had before. I gaze into his eyes feeling a heat instead of a tingle now. Out of nowhere, I grab the hair on the back of Sam's head. I drop the paper on the floor and pull his face to mine our lips connecting. This is totally out of character for me, this is my wolf but I can't stop. Our lips move with each other hungrily. Sam shifts his weight back into the bed to allow me to straddle him. I kiss Sam for a little bit longer until I pull away out of breath resting our foreheads together.

"Sam you need to get out of here before..." I let out a shaky breath.

"Before you lose control?" I nod in response. Sam lifts me off of him and I plop down onto the bed, covering my lower half with my hands. Sam reluctantly gets up to leave. "I'll go make you some lunch to give you some time to..." Sam's eyes glance down to my hands covering myself "Take care of yourself." I could feel the heat rise to my already red face. 

"Sam stop teasing me and go make me food."

"Woah, woah so sassy! Don't get used to doing that. Once were mated-"

"SAM!"

"Okay, okay I'm going! I'm going!" He laughed on the way out the door.

"Way to ruin the moment, geez." 

"SHUT UP!"