Chapter Fourteen

Song: Teeth by 5SOS

----------------------------

Mel's POV

Days have passed since the annual ball, and I guess I'm not the only one who found a mate there. The pack house was swarming with pheromones, and It made my heat go insane. Rory couldn't see me for a couple of days because he could not control himself when this happened. Vince had to hold him back and lock him in his room. Luckily Dr. Kane gave me suppressants to help. They are hard to get your hands on. So he specifically ordered a batch just for me to help me control the urges I am not ready to act on. They are working... but they make me not feel well. I have been lying in bed staring at the wall because that's the only way I don't feel nauseous. Sam and Vince have been especially busy, planning our attack on Aremus's pack. Rory has been checking up on me now that the suppressants are blocking my heat so he won't go crazy. But he has been getting a lot of manitice calls so he isn't checking in on me as often as I want. I am feeling rather lonely but too sick to do anything about it. It's better to stay in bed all day than to do something I might regret. I feel my eyelids begin to droop and sleep overtakes me.

A little bit later I am startled awake by the thunderous sound of people running up the stairs and people screaming. My heart is pounding in my ears already. I groan as I somehow manage to push myself off of the bed and fall to the floor. I wince in pain, laying there for a moment, and roll myself underneath the bed. Just as I rolled under the bed the door crashed open coming off its hinges.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU MELODY?" I stopped breathing. Three pairs of boots came close to the bed I assume scanning the room for me.

"I smell him. He is in here." I clasp my hand over my mouth, shaking. Slowly one pair of boots made their way to the other side of the bed where the sheets fell off the bed with me. Someone grabbed my ankle and pulled me out from under the bed.

"NO! Stop! Please!" I thrash around trying to free myself but it is no use as the suppressants have made me weaker. Someone kicks me directly in my side and I scream out as my vision blurs.

"Don't make this any harder than it has to be. Aremus is waiting for you." I'm picked up by the hair on my head and I screech once more. A bag is thrown over top of my head and I'm slung over someone's shoulder.

"Pleas- St- op..." I let out barely above a whisper. I felt a small pinch on my arm and I blacked out.

Sam POV

"Alpha this is never going to work." Caz gives me a concerned look.

"Yeah, Sam that is too risky." Vince agreed with Caz.

"Okay, then what would you two suggest we do? Huh? This is my mate we're talking about!" I slam my fists on the table.

"He is mine too. I am feeling the same amount of frustration as you Sam." Vince reminds me. I bring myself to my feet and pace the floor.

"Sorry, I am getting emotional. I just want Mel to be safe while we infiltrate Aremus' pack lands." I continue to pace while pinching the bridge of my nose. The rest of the head members of the pack murmur to one another. Probably talking about how I am losing my cool. Vince tenses and whips his head to the right. This brings everyone's attention to Vince. "What's wrong Vinc-"

"Sh. I smell someone that I'm not familiar with." Just then we all hear screaming and the sound of boots running upstairs. Vince doesn't wait for my orders and he is already out of the meeting room, hopefully going to check on Mel. I'm about to follow suit but the glass from the windows breaks in. I drop to the ground and crawl under the table. A pair of hands yank me out from underneath the table and then a boot connects with the side of my face. My face is being smashed into the floor. This is when I noticed I could smell some type of gas seeping in from the floorboards. I immediately felt the effects and passed out on the floor. We are being invaded and I can't do anything about it. "I'm so sorry Mel."

Mel's POV
A fist collides with my face and I jolt awake. "Get the fuck up." I try to hold my face but I can't move my arms. I blink my eyes a couple of times before everything comes into focus. I'm in a dimly lit room tied to a chair with some random man. The room was very similar to the basement I grew up in. The mystery man was wearing all black and some black gloves. He looked pretty dull. He had pale skin, dull gray eyes, and no distinguishing features. Just a regular muscular man.

"W- where am I?" I squint my eyes at the single bright light shining on me.

"None of your fucking business." The man in front of me hits me again. I cry out in pain, trying to clutch the place he hit but failing. "Shut the fuck up." He spits at me.

"Now now Cyrus. Let's not beat up my plaything too hard. I would like him to be conscious." Aremus walks out of the shadows of the room and places his hand on Cyrus' shoulder. My eyes go wide and my heart stops.

"No." My breathing becomes ragged and my chest heaves. "No!" I yell out. "Let me go!" I squirm against my restraints, trying to undo them but it's no use. Aremus stalks closer to me.

"Don't bother Melody. You're too weak to do anything." He runs a finger down the side of my face, wiping away tears I didn't know I had released. I snap my teeth at his finger but miss, unfortunately. Aremus wags his finger at me. "I see you have picked up bad behaviors from your new mate. I will have to reteach you my rules." He looks to his goon Cyrus. "Get the gag. I don't want to have to listen to him plead for me to stop." Aremus looks back at me with a sly grin because he knows I hate the gag. I don't protest since I'd rather not get hit in the face again. Cyrus hands the ball gag to Aremus. "Be a good boy now and don't fight with me." I nod. I let Aremus put the gag in my mouth. "There." My heart is racing and my eyes are darting around the room looking for anything to get me out of here. Cyrus hands Aremus another item but I couldn't see it. "Put that over his eyes. He doesn't need to see either."

"Yes, Alpha." Cyrus disappears behind me and a black cloth is placed in front of my eyes. He ties it too tight around my head. I feel Aremus' hand tug on the bottom of my sweatpants but I kick his hand away. I am almost instantly hit upside my head from behind. There are hands on my ankles and then rope wrapped around them.

"Be still or I'll cut you." Aremus hissed at me. I felt cool metal touch my ankle and slide up to my thigh. My bare leg was exposed to the freezing air. Aremus finished cutting my other pant leg open and then laughed. "You're still so fucking skinny. Look at those scrawny legs." He slaps one of my thighs. I tremble in fear as his hands travel their way up my legs. I try to kick him again but my legs are tied to the chair now. My tears are now falling onto my bare legs. I squirm as much as possible to get Aremus to stop touching me. "Relax or I will knock you out again." He said with venom dripping in his voice. I try to be still but I am breathing so hard it's nearly impossible. Aremus' hands reach my underwear and touch me aggressively. 

"Sam! Vince! Rory! Anybody!" My wolf howls inside.