Chapter Ten

Song: Wolves by Jake Daniels

---------------------------------------------

Mel's POV

Sabrina and I finished the last-minute touches on the decorations and the centerpieces on the tables when I glanced at the clock on the wall. It read four-thirty. Just enough time for us to get ready for the annual ball! I'm a bit nervous about what the other packs will think about our decor. Will they hate it? Will they love it? When Sam said a ball, I was assuming it was just for our pack. He sent out invites to all the neighboring packs besides my old pack. This is a big event that Sam's dad had started a while back and Sam wanted to continue it in his honor. Sam has a big heart and admire him for that. I follow Sabrina back into the pack house living room.

"What are you wearing to the ball Sabrina?" I ask. I could see her eyes light up.

"Why don't you come to my room and you can see it!" Sabrina smiled sweetly at me.

"Sure I'd love to! But I need to shower right after." I cringe now smelling myself. Sabrina laughs and leads me to her room on the second floor. She turns the knob to her bedroom door to reveal a room filled with the colors pink and blue. This was unexpected, Sabrina wears neutral colors usually. "Your room is so colorful!" Sabrina giggles.

"I know shocking right? Here you can sit on my bed. Let me go put the dress on!" She points to her bed and rushes off to her bathroom to change. "So do you have what you're wearing all picked out Mel?" She asks from the bathroom as I sit on her bed.

"Um, not really. I figured I'd get a feel of how dressed up I needed to be when I saw what you were wearing. I've never gotten the chance to dress nicely so I'm a little nervous to tell you the truth." 

"You'll look handsome in anything Mel!" Sabrina walks out in a pastel pink dress that has beading with flowers sewn on the corset that waterfall down the front of the dress and puffy sleeves.

"That is so pretty Sabrina! Are you trying to catch someone's eye?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Maybeeeee..." She turns away so I can't see her face. "I'm glad you like my dress, I was worried it was a bit too much..." She trails off.  "But you should go get ready! I still have to do my hair and makeup and that will take foreverrrrr." She sighs turning back to face me.

"Alright, I'll see you later tonight then Sabrina." I smile and walk out of her room. Then I run smack dab into a big bulky figure in the hallway. "Mel you need to watch where you're going." My wolf shakes its head. " I'm so sorry!" I put my hands up in front of me.

"Don't tell me Sabrina is your mate too?" A low grumbly voice asks. I look up to see Caz.

"No Caz we're just friends besides that's not even possible we're both omegas."

"Anything is possible for you apparently." Caz huffs.

"Look I'm sorry, I know you don't like me but I didn't do anything to you."