Epilogue - Part 1

Epilogue - Part 1

"This is stupid."

"Just do it," Vito said.

"I'm hungry."

"Then more reason to do it," Yago interjected.

"Fine..." I said as I rolled my eyes as I wrote on the paper that was earlier given to us. It was some activity wherein we'd write where we think we would be in 10 years. I was 17 years old, so I was pretty sure that by 27, I'd still be single and I'd be living my best life.

So, I wrote there:

By the time I'm 27, I probably would've dated at least 20 women, be serious with at least 3 of them, but no signs of settling down. I would've been part of the board of all the corporations my family owns and have a share in. True to tradition, I'll be living my best life with my family and friends.

Do I want to get married?

Nope.

I love my family, but marriage sucks. Besides, it's just legality. It's just a freaking piece of paper. If I love you, I'll stay with you even without that paper.

No kids.

For the love of god, no kids.

I'm pretty sure Yago would spawn lots of his evil seeds, so I'd probably spoil those little bastards. I'm pretty sure Sancho would impregnate someone sometime. I got to look after Vito because if shit happens, he'll end up getting raped and wake up one day with some woman claiming he's fathered her child.

So, yeah.

I think 27 will be great.

I immediately folded the paper and rolled my eyes when I saw my friends writing on their papers seriously. Why were they taking this seriously? It's just some activity.

I took a peep at what Yago was writing.

'Not married but most probably living with my girlfriend and our kids.'

"Privacy, please," Yago said.

I rolled my eyes. "Are the kids planned or unplanned?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Probably planned."

"With Rome?"

Sancho quickly shot me a death glare. I pursed my lips and stopped myself from laughing. It's been a long time ago, but I was pretty sure that he'd carry that until the day he died. Yago's such a fucking dick—Rome's Sancho's sister. That's like... an automatic back off. But then again, I always see Rome flirting shamelessly with Yago.

Nah.

None of my fucking business.

"What did you write? I'll show you mine," I told Vito.

"So nosy," he replied.

"Just curious!"

"No."

"Tss. Damot," I said.

After a while, we all passed the paper and I saw how Sancho wrote on the paper that he would've been married by that time and they'd be managing the hacienda. As if. He's such a fucking flirt! And I seriously do not understand, for the fucking life of me, why he pulls all those girls without even trying! So unfair!

We went to the cafeteria and I immediately frowned when I saw Eunice with her boyfriend. Tsk. She must like doing charity because what the hell was she doing with him when she could be with me? Nikolai Quentin Ferreira?