Chapter 42 - I Consider "Fun" to be Sitting at Home and Watching Netflix

A/N - Hey guys! I was putting off writing this chapter because I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave it in, but I just decided to go ahead and leave it anyway.

Song at the top is Everywhere by Michelle Branch.

Hope you enjoy! Please please vote and comment letting me know what you think! Only 3 chapters left :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I look into the mirror and check my hair over one last time before finally deciding I'm satisfied with it.

I'm already nervous enough about tonight, and the last thing I need is to be worried about my hair having a mind of its own.

There's a party going on at one of the bigger beach houses down the road, and it was open invite, so naturally, my incredibly social friends decided we should all go. As they put it, "Why not? Come on Mia, it'll be fun."

I, on the other hand, consider "fun" to be sitting at home and watching Netflix, but hey, it's summer. What better time to get out of my comfort zone?

Of course, considering the way my first party went, I don't know why I agreed to this. Then again, I guess I did have fun at the actual party aspect of it. It was really just the whole "my ex-boyfriend said he never cared about me" thing that ruined the night.

Still, for the time that I was with Hunter, I remember having a really good time. I guess I always have a good time when I'm with him.

Things have been going really well between us for the past few days. It's like all the awkwardness and confusion from before is gone, and we've figured out how to be open with each other again. Every day, we feel more and more like what we used to be, and it's getting harder and harder to remember what I'm holding back for.

Hence why I'm so nervous about tonight. This party feels like a big deal in more ways than one.

"Well, look at our little Mia," Rose says as she enters the room with Kimberly following closely behind. "All grown up and dressing herself," she finishes with a smile.

I roll my eyes. "Very funny," I say. "Seriously, what do you think? Too much?" I stand to give them a full view of the outfit I've chosen for the night.

I'm wearing a white crop top that's cut just low enough and black high-waisted jeans that hug my waist so tight they might as well be painted on.

"Damn girl," Kimberly says, coming to stand in front of me with her hands on her hips. "Who knew you were hiding curves?" she says with a smile.

I laugh. "Trust me, it's just the jeans," I reply. "Okay, I'm pretty much done. Is everyone else ready?"

"Yeah, about that," Rose says, taking a seat on one of the beds. "Not to burst your bubble, but Hunter took off about a half hour ago," she finishes with a grimace.

My face drops. "He what?" I say. "Seriously? He couldn't have texted me?"

"He said to tell you he'll meet us at the party," Kimberly says. "He left this for you though." She pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and hands it to me. "And yes, I read it. Feel free to press charges if you must," she says, shrugging as she takes a seat next to Rose.

I take the paper from her and scoff. "Oh please, like you'd ever let them take you alive."

"This is true," she replies with a tilt of her head.

I open the note and quickly read it:

Okay, so right about now you've probably got that cute little crease you get in between your eyebrows when you're mad, but before you hate me, I'm sorry for leaving without telling you. I had to do something really important, but I'll tell you all about it when I get back, promise. Just try to trust me, alright? And save a dance for me, Beautiful xx