Moonvibe Part 2

Az watched as the crouching figure unfurled before her and rose into the lithe form of a black-haired beauty with a cold stare aimed directly at her through oriental eyes. The black outfit she wore was tactical, but it still yielded to her unmistakably female shape. Reaching over her shoulder, the poised vixen drew a katana from her back with all the grace of a deadly ballerina and extended its honed tip out to Az as a warning not to advance any further.

"Who are you, the night watchman?" Az quipped, folding her arms and cocking her head to act unimpressed. "If so, you're taking your job waaaay too seriously."

"The man you chased in here is mine. Leave now and only he will get hurt," the sword wielding enigma declared, holding onto her cold stare without flinching.

"Hey!" Az barked. "That guy just trounced two of my friends. There's no way I'm leaving without a little payback," she growled, pointing off into the warehouse with her knife.

"Well he's been smuggling a very important serum between two warring factions that could upset the balance of power in the entire world, so I think my business with him is a little more important than payback," the stern faced femme fatale countered dryly.

The two opposing beauties stood locked in an unyielding standoff until Az shrugged. "I don't have time for this," the blond muttered. She phase shifted into her intangible form and walked right through the sword-holding threat blocking her path.

A lightning quick and deadly precise strike of the katana followed Az as the oriental-eyed opposer spun around. The attack would have easily sliced a normal person into oblivion, but the lethal blade passed through Az's immaterial body as she nonchalantly searched the aisle of crates for her prey. Frustrated by the inability to disable her opponent, the dark beauty pursued Az down the aisle with swing after swing of the katana. Each time the sword cut only air.

"Keep it up and you'll have that home run swing perfected in no time," Az taunted, looking back over her intangible shoulder at the exasperated femme fatale.

A sudden blast of wind surged through the warehouse, stirring up a storm of dust as a blurry figure blew down the aisle past Az and screeched to a halt. When the dust settled a new female form stood in the aisle, putting Az between her leather-covered body and the sword-wielding vixen behind her.

"Whoa, with moves like that you must be related to Barry Allen or something," Az remarked.

The dark-eyed beauty smirked, tossing her head so that her wayward tendrils of brown hair found their places again. "I prefer Wally West myself," she replied, shifting her weight to one hip for a cocky stance.

"What's going on here? Who are you two?" the sword-toting beauty demanded as she marched up to the intangible blond and the speedy brunette.

"The name's Shade, and that scumbag you two have trapped in here is on my most wanted list," the streaking beauty answered. "He used to work for an angel, err guy, that tried to kidnap my little brother. Now he's gonna answer to me," she explained, reaching down into her leather boots and pulling out a pair of curved daggers.

"Just call me Az," the blond stated, crossing her arms. "It seems we have a problem, cause we all got dibs on this creep."

Before anyone could respond, a loud crash directed their attention to the middle of the aisle they were standing in where several wooden crates had toppled over. The man they all sought stumbled out from behind the mess of splintered wood and spilled contents.