Chapter 6 : End of schooling , Duel

Chapter 6

"SPELLS"

Lessons began in earnest the next day when their teacher Mr. Silversky arrived in the Black Townhouse. Jason Silversky was a man who had multiple masteries in magic and was one of the most sought out tutor in Britain. He would teach the theory behind transfiguration, charms, potions, defense against the dark arts and history starting from Monday till Friday. He would teach the theory in the morning for four hours from nine to one and would leave them to practice the spells in the afternoons in the privacy of their manors since it was illegal for anyone to own a wand before they received their Hogwarts letter and he did not want to risk his reputation. Afternoons found Harry, Rigel and Draco performing the spells they learnt in the morning under the watchful eyes of their grandparents in their manors. They decided to spend one afternoon each in their respective manors so that they could practice and help each other out. 

Saturdays was usually dedicated to family magic and history for two hours. Afterwards, they had Politics with Abraxus Malfoy and Business with Charlus Potter who was an amazing businessman. While Rigel and Harry learnt and understood enough politics to survive the Wizengamot in the future, Draco excelled in these lessons. He had a shrewd mind and could spot opportunities that Harry and Rigel overlooked in the case study scenarios that was presented by Abraxus as lessons and had a rare foresight to accurately predict the consequences of his actions in the future which made his grandfather immensely proud as he had the makings of a ruthless and cunning Lord and businessman. Rigel and Draco had Saturday afternoons off but Harry spent this time with Arcturus Black working on his shadow magic. The Black had a few shadow Elementalists in their family tree and Arcturus visited the Black Family Vault to procure some books on the subject which Harry read under his watchful eyes of Charlus and Arcturus as they discussed business. After a few hours of theory, he was allowed to call upon the shadows and discover his powers over them. So far Harry could feel the shadows and converse with them but when he could fully tap into his powers when he was older, he could transport himself through the shadows bypassing any wards and command shadows to attack which made Harry very determined to master this rare art.

Evenings once he was done with the shadow magic, Arcturus taught the three boys Occlumency and the art of controlling expressions. According to Arcturus, Occlumency not only gave the user mental defense but also gave them the ability to have full control over their expressions and feelings. Using Occlumency, one could wear a blank mask which hid all emotions from their rivals and even dull pain to an extent. These sessions usually took place in a room that was dimly lit and exotic candles burnt to give off relaxing fumes to which the boys meditated and practiced the mind arts. While Draco and Rigel had the hard task of building their defenses from scratch, Harry was constructing his mindscape and organizing his memories since his walls were enhanced by the shadows. The three boys made good progress everyday and Arcturus gave them strict instructions to clear their mind and categorize their day's memories before going to sleep.

Sunday mornings was spent to review whatever they had studied in the previous week, both text and wand and they prepared for their next week's lessons. Afternoon was spent learning swordsmanship from Charlus who was talented with a blade. He would show them the combination of sword attacks and allow them to practice with their family blades until it became muscle memory to them. Then he would pair them up and allow them to duel with wooden swords to improve their reflexes and coordination.

In the beginning, all three of them had trouble practicing and moving around with their swords and armor since they were not used to such strenuous physical activities until Charlus ordered them to wake up early and start working out, to improve their stamina and strength. The boys would complain and floo to Potter Castle every morning to work on their muscles every morning but when they noticed their spells coming out stronger and faster along with tighter looking robes, they soon began to enjoy it much to the amusement of their grandfathers.