Chapter 35 : 4th year I

Chapter 35

Harry sat in the train compartment, the weeks having passed by quickly in training in Potters Castle, Dover.

Currently he was playing Exploding Snap against Rigel while the rest of them watched curiously- they were the only two left and it had been almost 5 minutes until a pile had blown up.

In the end, it was Harry who ended up winning, with the pile of thrown down cards snapping in Rigel's face.

"What has been going on with you?" asked Ron angrily. "You've been acting weird ever since you went to stay around that git's house!"

"Don't call my brother a git," snapped Thomas standing up as well. "And so what if I stayed around him? He's my brother!"

"But he's a slimy snake," complained Ron.

"Ron's right Thomas," agreed Hermione. "You've been more closed off to us, and why did you stay with your brother? You hate him."

"No I don't," said Thomas. "I mean, I used to, but now he's less of a jerk and he's actually being nice to me."

Hermione stood up and put her hands on her hip, giving Thomas 'the look' only this time it didn't have any effect. "Nice to you? Are you sure we're talking about the same person? Mr-I-hate-Gryffindors-and-authority-Hadrian-Potter?"

"Just give me a break Hermione," sighed Thomas. "Honestly, if you're gonna complain this much I should probably go hang around with Harry. Should I?"

"No," admitted Ron, not wanting to be alone with Hermione.

"Good," said Thomas, sitting back down.

"Welcome, welcome!" said Dumbledore loudly from his throne at the front, directing their attention towards him. "Again we find ourselves at the start of another joyous year at Hogwarts and I must ask for your attention while I give out a few notices. Firstly, Mr Filch has asked me to tell you that Fanged-Frizbees are now amongst the list of items banned on Hogwarts Grounds, and that the full list of said items can be found stapled to the door of his office."

"Secondly, I am sad to inform you that Professor Lupin has decided to take a break and will no longer be your Defense teacher." there was commotion in the students they had gotten at least one competent defense teacher and he is gone

"However," continued Dumbledore happily. "I am pleased to announce that he will be replaced by Professor Moody, who has kindly taken time out of his retirement." At Dumbledore's words, Moody stood up and glanced at all the students and sat down.

"I have one last piece of information to share with you," said Dumbledore once the applause had died down. "I am pleased to tell you that Hogwarts will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament!"

"You're kidding!" shouted one of the Weasley Twins in the middle of the excited chatter. Harry and his friends already knew the tournament was going to be held at Hogwarts, since their parents had told them, but it didn't stop them from being excited about it.

"I'm certainly not," laughed Dumbledore. "Now, for those of you who don't know what the Triwizard tournament is, allow me to explain..." he said. Dumbledore told everyone assembled in the hall about the origins of the tournament and a basic overview of what it would entail before he sent them upstairs to bed.

Eventually time came for the first defence class with the new defence against the dark arts teacher, Mad-eye Moody.

"Now" Moody said from the front of the class "how many unforgivable curses are there?"

"Three" Hermione Granger answered

"And they are called that because?"

"They are unforgivable" Hermione replied "the use of any one of them will..."