Chapter 64

Chapter 64

The meeting with Coach was seriously useless. Anyway, I wouldn't even be playing on Saturday, so I was kind of just wasting my time right now.

Instead, I was simultaniously texting Josh and Tyler.

To Josh, I was writing, What's up with the exhibit, is it really because of Kendall? And what was up with that face you made when you left? Is something wrong?

And to Tyler I was texting, Hey, this might be weird to ask, but could you potentially check up on my wife while I'm gone. I'm worried something might be up.

And then I sent him his phone number too.

Tyler replied, Your wish is my command. Also, remember to rub your ass in everyone else's bed bunk once you get to the camp, to establish dominance, but Josh didn't text me back.

I tried not to make a big deal out of it. Josh was an unreliable texter.

It didn't mean anything. As far as I knew, he was still driving and you should not text and drive.

After a while, Coach was finally done with the offense, but apparently still needed to scream at our defensive line a little bit more, so some of us were free to go.

Shawn and Clark went off on their own, apparently with the goal of trying which one wanted to be their camp girlfriends. They thought they were being clever. They were just being weirdos.

I walked with the guys to the classroom to get our bags.

Lexi was there.

A smile filled my face.

Before I could say anything though, Alex walked up to her saying, "Offense got out first."

They were smiling at each other naturally.

I wondered when I would stop being jealous of Alex, even though I knew I shouldn't.

I was rarely logical when it came to Lexi Grayson.

"Where are Clark and Shawn?" she asked, looking around.

"They're annoying the cheerleaders, trying to find new girlfriends," I replied, getting my bag beside her, just to have an excuse to stand beside her, closer than Alexander.

I really needed help. This was ridiculous. She tooooold me she didn't love him. Why did I still feel like this?

Because I was threatened by the history they had together?

I really needed to chill.

I was probably just uneasy because Lexi had been kinda weird with me all week long, but she was still acting the same with Alex.

She was always okay with him, even though he left her and he was probably hiding a girlfriend from her too.

Blake, stop caring about anything Alexander Parker does.

Lexi was giving me aside glance. I frowned a little. What was it?

"Two months ago you would have been with them," Peter pitched in kinda absentmindedly, and I almost sighed out loud.

Why? Why would he just say something like this? It wasn't even true.

"Two months ago I wasn't even in the country, I doubt I would have hang out with Shawn and Clark," I pointed out, annoyed.

Did they guys just generally enjoyed making me look bad when Lexi was around?

Sometimes I didn't understand how they thought.