Year 2 Part 2 (chapter 8)

Author's note:
The schedule will be back to normal from now on, however with changes: I will publish a chapter every Wednesday as well as every Friday. I hope you enjoy!

Y/F/N means your father's name.
———————————————

Word count: 1.7k
Warning: Attempted murder

A few weeks later, Severus is teaching the second-year Slytherins and Gryffindors how to brew Hair-Raising Potion. They have just had to write an assignment on how to brew this very potion.

The Potions Master returns their graded papers with a flick of his wand.

Weasley groans. "T! No bloody way!" he exclaims.

Potter is not looking too happy either - he did get T for Troll as well, after all, so why would he be anything but disappointed? Well, do a better job next time!

Severus watches the students' reactions. Longbottom looks quite pale - he got T as well.

Granger looks a bit disappointed. She probably expected O, but she only got EE for Exceeds Expectations.

Draco looks quite smug. With good reason, of course. The boy got O. Severus didn't expect anything less as he is the Potions Master's Godson.

Y/L/N smiles at her paper. She got O as well, of course. Her paper was by far the best. Severus was impressed when he read it.

After a while, he decides to start the lesson. "Now, you will be brewing the potion. As you have written the assignment on the process of its brewing, this should be easy for you. Begin" he orders.

All the students get to work as they grab a cauldron and gather the ingredients. As they are brewing, Severus paces around them to inspect their work.

"You will need rat tails, Potter" he says with irritation. The boy sighs before walking towards the shelf to gather the ingredient.

Severus then walks towards Y/L/N and Draco. Of course, they are already done - and their potions are perfect.

"Well done, Ms. Y/L/N, Mr. Malfoy. Ten points to Slytherin" he says as he praises them.

He doesn't even bother looking at Granger's cauldron. The girl is excellent at brewing, but Severus refuses to give points to Gryffindor.

He then inspects Longbottom's potion... Which for some reason is blue instead of green.

He growls. "You added too many rat tails, Longbottom. Five points from Gryffindor" he snaps.

The boy looks like he's about to cry. Pathetic.

"Class dismissed" the Potions Master declares.

All the students hurry out of the classroom except for Draco. "I will see you in the common room, Y/N. I will just talk to Professor Snape first" the boy tells his friend.

The girl nods. "All right, Draco. Have a good day, professor" Y/L/N says as she shyly smiles before leaving the room.

"So, how did the Quidditch practice go?" Severus asks. He really hopes that they will win this match.

Draco smirks. "It went well. You should have seen the Gryffindors' faces when Flint gave Wood your note. They couldn't believe that they weren't going to practice today. And their faces when they saw the brooms that Father bought for us! Their expressions were priceless!" he says as he laughs.

"Oh, and guess what - Weasley tried to hex me today, but the spell backfired as his wand is broken and hit him instead. The idiot was vomiting slugs up!" the boy adds, laughing even more.