Year 5 Part 2 (chapter 24)

Author's note:
Their friendship is official! I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.5k
Warning: Blood and swear words

It's a new day. Severus strolls towards the Potions classroom and enters without acknowledging the students. He sighs to himself before facing the fifth-year Slytherins and Gryffindors.

"Today you will be brewing Strengthening Solution. You will turn to page four hundred and twelve for instructions. Begin" he orders.

Groaning, the students quickly gather the needed ingredients. As they do so, the Potions Master notices three particular Gryffindors missing.

"Where are-" he starts to ask just as the door opens. Ah, they decided to show up.

"How polite of you to show up, Mr. Potter, Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley. Fifteen points will be taken from Gryffindor. Turn to page four hundred and twelve. You will be brewing Strengthening Solution" he states, irritated that he has to repeat himself.

The boys gulp while the girl looks embarrassed that they were late. Severus wonders what they were up to that was apparently more important than Potions class.

The three of them hurry up to gather the ingredients and begin brewing like their fellow classmates.

As Severus walks around to inspect the students, he notices Y/L/N having trouble as Draco helps her.

He raises an eyebrow at that. If anything, it's usually Draco who needs help from her. She could do this potion in her sleep.

When he walks closer, he notices that her right hand is bandaged. He wonders what happened to her.

Once the lesson is finally over and he has given a satisfied amount of points to Slytherin and taken enough from Gryffindor, he dismisses the class.

"Hopefully, your attempts will be better in the next lesson. Class dismissed" he states, looking annoyed by their poor attempts. If you can even call them attempts.

All the students immediately leave. Before Y/L/N can leave as well, Severus stops her.

"Ms. Y/L/N, a word?" he asks, though in a more demanding tone.

The girl sighs. "Of course, professor. I will meet you in the common room, Draco" she tells her friend. Nodding, the boy leaves the classroom.

Severus clears his throat after he has levitated a chair in front of his desk.

"Have a seat" he orders.

She hesitates a bit before finally doing so. He sits down as well.

"So, tell me, what has happened to your hand?" he questions, looking at her bandage.

She touches her injured hand with her other. "Oh, um, nothing" she mutters, clearly lying.

He sighs at that. "Don't be foolish, Y/L/N. It's bandaged, something is clearly wrong. It made you unable to brew the potion" he says, giving her a serious look.

Her cheeks turn red from embarrassment. "You noticed?" she quietly asks.

He nods. "Of course I did. Now, what happened? I won't ask again" he says, sounding a bit harsher this time.

As she doesn't look at him nor gives him a reply, he rises from his seat and steps in front of her.

"Let me see your hand" he demands.

Sighing, she reaches out her hand. He gently grabs it as he starts undoing the bandage. She winces as he does so.

"Sorry" he mutters.