Year 3 Part 4 (chapter 14)

Word count: 1.6k
Warning: Mentions of alcohol and werewolves

Today is the day Severus has waited for a long time - the day he gets to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts. It's only for this one day, but he will take it.

Because the full moon will approach soon, Lupin has to take a day off. He feels too ill to teach.

Severus can't exactly say that he's sorry about his colleague's situation - because he's not. Not the slightest.

In fact, this is something to celebrate. Thank Merlin it's the weekend once this day is over, which means he's allowed to have a glass of firewhiskey. Perhaps two.

Firewhiskey aside, Severus will enjoy every second of teaching today. Potter and his fellow Gryffindors are NOT going to ruin it. Or so he can hope.

As he dramatically enters the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, he slams the door shut and seals all the windows with a flick of his wand so no sunlight enters the room.

That seems to catch the students' attention.

When he reaches the teacher's desk, he turns around to face them. "Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four" he tells them, not explaining why he's here instead of Lupin.

After recovering from their shock and surprise, they all start to find the needed page.

As Severus observes the students, he notices that Draco and Y/L/N are sitting next to each other as always.

The boy still has his arm bandaged... It's been over two months. Dramatic much?

As the Potions Master walks around, making sure that the students are turning the pages, Potter gains his attention.

"Excuse me, sir, but where's Professor Lupin?" the boy asks. Of course he's asking that.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four" he repeats, already getting annoyed with the students.

As Weasley is taking his sweet time with finding the damn page, Severus loses his patience as he decides to do it for him with a flick of his wand. The boy seems to wake up by that.

"Werewolves?" the red-haired boy questions, looking confused yet surprised.

Granger questions it, too. "But, sir, we've just begun learning about red caps and inky punks. We're not meant to start on these for weeks" the girl states.

Severus scowls. Insolent girl, does she really think that Severus Snape would teach about werewolves for fun? She clearly isn't using that brain of hers.

"Quiet" he demands, wanting no more students to interrupt his lesson.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Weasley asks Potter, sounding confused and crazy.

Severus decides to ignore it and moves on with the lesson. "Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?" he questions.

Y/L/N and Granger both raise their hands immediately. Granger seems too eager, however.

Severus gives Y/L/N a look that says "I already know that you know the answer, I need to see if the others have the slightest idea and can use their barely-working brains".

She seems to understand as she nods and puts down her hand. The Gryffindor girl still has hers up, though.

"No one? How disappointing" he says. He can't say that he didn't expect it - the dunderheads never seem to have any common sense.