Year 4 Part 3 (chapter 19)

Author's note:
This chapter contains the Slytherins' dance lesson which I have been really excited to write! I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.7k
Warning: Dragons and fire

Everyone is gathered at the Quidditch Stadium. Today is the four champions' first task.

"Your attention, please" the Headmaster says as he steps into the middle of the pitch.

"Today is a great day for all of us" he announces just as roaring can be heard which makes everyone gasp.

Severus raises an eyebrow. They have to fight dragons? He wonders if today will be the day where the Boy Who Lived will become the Boy Who Died.

"Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please keep your seats at all times - this will minimise any risks you may be exposed to. I'm sure we all wish for our limbs to still be intact" Albus says, giving a serious look.

He then leaves with Fudge, Argus, Maxime and Igor to tell the champions their task.

As they do so, one of the dragons is being directed inside the pitch. As well as a golden egg.

Severus immediately understands the task - they have to steal the egg from the dragon.

A moment later, the sound of a canon can be heard. Everybody immediately starts to cheer. Cedric Diggory is the first to do the task. He succeeds. So do Victor Krum and Fleur Delacour.

Lastly, it's Potter's turn. It's a shaky start for the boy as he hides behind a rock while the dragon tries to breathe fire at him.

"Accio Firebolt!" he loudly exclaims. It takes a while before the broom finally arrives.

He runs and jumps onto his broom, avoiding the fire in time. The dragon somehow gets released from its chains as it chases after Potter.

As the boy is escaping from the creature, they get very close to the tribune where the teachers are. When they pass them, they almost hit everyone.

Minerva accidentally falls and lands hard on Severus who groans.

Once Potter and the dragon are out of sight, they dare to get up from the ground.

As Severus does so, he can't help but smirk when he sees Rita Skeeter, the obnoxious and nosy journalist. Her glasses are broken, sitting crooked across her nose. She definitely deserved that.

"Severus, I apologise. Are you hurt?"Minerva asks in a worried tone.

Severus huffs. "I am fine, Minerva. You aren't that heavy" he states.

Once Severus sits down on his seat, he notices Y/L/N looking at him from the Slytherin tribune, worried. He signals to her with his head that he is fine. The girl smiles at that.

As it's been a while since they last saw Potter, people are getting worried. Is the boy dead?

Out of the blue, the Gryffindor returns and grabs the golden egg. He succeeded in the task as well. Everybody claps at that.

Now that the first task is over, people decide to celebrate that as well as congratulate the champions.

Severus decides to walk around the Black Lake to get some fresh air and to get away from the loud, celebrating students.

Once he reaches the lake, he spots Y/L/N under the same tree he once found her sitting under in her second year. Like last time, she's reading a book - only this time it's Herbology.

He slowly approaches the girl. "Hello, Y/L/N. This is the second time I have found you under this exact tree" he tells her.

The girl looks up from her book as she shyly smiles. "Hello, professor. Well, I do like sitting here. It's in fact my favourite spot" she admits.