𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 38

FANBOY,
chapter thirty-eight
________________________________

FANBOY,chapter thirty-eight________________________________

________________________________

THIRD PERSON !
_____________________________

°Los Angeles, in the middle
of the night
________________________________

|☀︎︎|

SHE DIDN'T KNOW what to expect when she picked up the phone without looking at the ID caller, but hearing her mother cry was something Charity hadn't even thought about.

It was the middle of the night when her phone had suddenly started ringing, maybe only an hour after she went to sleep. And it wasn't her first call. The girl had 12 missed calls— aside from the 58 messages— from her parents.

Yeah, that's what it took to wake the girl actually up since she was a very heavy sleeper.

She sat up straight, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she tried to understand her mom's muffled voice through her sobbing. "Mom? Mom, what's wrong? Did something happen to dad?" Concern was laced in her voice, her voice cracking slightly since she wasn't really awake just yet.

"N—no," Her mom— melia— sniffled from the other side. "it's not your d—dad. It's—" She couldn't find herself to answer

Charity furrowed her eyebrows in slight confusion. "Then what's wrong?"

Minutes of silence were heard before a loud, high-pitches noise came rushing through the phone.

"What the—" The blonde let out, trying to figure out what was happening and where her mother was. Voices of people shouting to each other car right after the siren, confusing but also worrying Charity. "Mom? Was that an ambulance? Are you at the hospital?"

It took her mom a few seconds to answer. "Yes."

"What? Why are you at the hospital? Mom, what happened?" Charity couldn't help but attack her mother with questions.

Melia  took a deep, shaky breath. "Charity, dear—your brother....he got into an accident after his plane landed. He was on his way home." She sniffled again, covering her mouth as she quickly glanced up at the ceiling.

Charity took in a sharp breath, shutting her eyes close, them becoming teary. Please, don't say it. Please, please, don't let it be true.