𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 44

FANBOY,
chapter forty-four
________________________________

FANBOY,chapter forty-four________________________________

________________________________

THIRD PERSON !
_____________________________

°Los Angeles, Why Don't We household
________________________________

|☀︎︎|

AFTER A FEW nights of Corbyn staying at her house, comforting her and trying to cheer her up—he finally convinced her to get out of her house.

Driving past the big houses, he took a glance at the quiet blonde sitting next to him who staring mindlessly out of the open window.

Her fingers tapped against her knee as she sunk her teeth in her lips anxiously.

She hadn't left her house for at least a week, maybe two. It felt weird to have the sun shining brightly in your eyes, the air blowing through her hair so carelessly.

"We can still turn around if you want to."

His voice made her flinch in her seat, Charity's head turning to look at the boy's beautiful, soft eyes, carrying kindness with them.

"I mean it." Corbyn reassured. "We don't have to go visit the boys if you don't feel like it. I'm already glad to see you outside your apartment." A playful grin fell upon his lip as he turned back to the road. "You know, I was almost starting to think you were a vampire."

Shoving him with a chuckle, Charity rolled her eyes, shaking her head at the goofy boy while she averted her eyes from his teasing ones. "Shut up, Besson."

He made her laugh though. That was all that mattered to him.

"But seriously though," Her voice sounded above the low volume of the radio. "I want to see the boys again. I miss them."

Corbyn smiled, giving her a nudge once he pulled up to the driveway of their destination. "Believe me, they do too."

Unlocking the front door, Charity wondered inside, already hearing the loud voices of the boys empowering the sound of the television. She giggled quietly once she saw them all screaming at the screen, telling the character in the movie to 'shut up and make himself useful'.

Daniel groaned and hid his face in a pillow, feeling annoyed as hell. "I can't believe the actor is so good while his character makes me want to rip my hair— and scratch my eyes out."

Leaning against the wall, Corbyn rolled his eyes at his dramatic friend.

"Don't worry, he dies in the next scene."

"No spoilers!" Daniel shouted, about to flick one of his friends on the back of their heads.

Meeting his daring eyes, Jack held his hands up out of defense. "I swear it wasn't me." He shrugged carelessly, looking over at Zach who shook his head repeatedly.

Turning around to look for the source, Jonah's eyebrows flew up, a smile brightening up his face while his mouth fell slightly agape. "Holy fuck."

"Hi, guys." Charity smiled, sending the four stunned boys a nervous wave.

Without wasting a second, the first boy engulfed her in a hug, lifting the girl off the floor like he was a kid and she was his favorite teddy bear he had lost years ago.

Giggling, she squealed. "Zach!"

"You're here!" His voice was muffled by her hair.

She ruffled his brown hair and laughed. "No shit, Sherlock."

Once she was put down again, the boys took on turns to hug her, all greeting her with smiles and joyful eyes.

"How are you? It's so good to see you again." Jonah mumbled in her ear, releasing her from his right embrace.

"I'm.....good." The words slipped past her lips, and she didn't regret them. Letting out a content sigh, she nodded with a smile. "Yeah. I'm good."

Jonah's smile brightened. "That's good to hear." He ruffled her hair, earning a playful shove from her before he approached Corbyn, leaning his arm on the inviting shoulder. "I see things went well."

"Yeah." Corbyn chuckled as he watched her interact with their friends, laughing and joking around. "She really was in a dark place when I arrived at her house."

Jonah nodded understandingly. "And now she's smiling again. All because of you, and your help."

Rolling his eyes playfully, Corbyn shoved his friend. "She did it all herself, man. She's so strong, and brave."

"I know. But you got her out of her apartment. You got her here, to her friends. It would have taken longer if you hadn't been there for her."

"Maybe." A small pause fell upon the two, Corbyn crossing his arms with a content smile upon his face before he stood up straight, slapping Jonah gently on the back. "I'm just happy to have her around again. Seeing her smile honestly brightens up my day."

Within seconds Corbyn hopped over the couch, taking the open spot beside her, the girl unconsciously wiggling closer in his side.

He smiled softly, letting his arm wrap around her like it was becoming a habit, getting her to pull close to his body, unknowingly letting his fingers slip through her golden strands of hair.

Watching his friend, Jonah noticed how pure Corbyn's smile was around her, how his eyes would soften every time they glanced upon the blonde beauty sitting next to him.

It was the love Corbyn had for her that carried Charity out of her thick darkness. And it was the same love that would make her feel alive again.

His love that slowly healed her.

________________________________

AUTHER'S NOTE
°☘︎༄☀︎︎➪

another short chapter, but it came so
easily to me that I don't really care about
the word count being so low :)