Chapter 9

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated in a bit. The assignments in uni are piled up high. But thank you so much for over 5k reads. It really means a lot to me! There will be a second update later on, I hope this will do for now!
———————————————

Heart racing, breathing uneven. Sage was confused and panicked. She didn't deserve anyone, the boys don't deserve to be stuck with her forever, she thought.  

Sage needed a minute, she could feel her powers rising. The more she thought about Riven and Sky the more her eyes started to glow.

Taking a breath, she stepped across the barrier into the woods, although she didn't realise where she was going. She kept walking, then she reached a broken branch that she could sit on.

She sat there for a little while, focusing on her breathing, trying to regain control. Then she heard a noise. 

Crack. 

She looked to the right, where she heard the sound. Deciding to investigate, as she assumed it was Sky or Riven who followed her. She walked towards the direction of the noise, slowly and steadily, trying not to make a noise. She reached the bushes, peering behind them and let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Sky and Riven — who had followed after her — shared a look and proceeded to run, hoping and praying that Sage was alright. As they ran in the direction of the scream, they called out to Sage, asking where she was.

Sage was slowly backing away from the dead body, whose eyes were wide open with burn marks all over. She was in shock, hand over mouth, trembling on the spot shocked. She didn't know what to do, tears started to stream down her face. She kept repeating to herself, "what do I do, what do I do."