Present: Paris: 1869

Paris: 1869

Amy stood dressed in black waiting with all her luggage. Waiting for the carriages.

Aunt March was staying behind because she was feeling ill.

Fred was finishing up last-minute business to escort her home.

From behind her Laurie slowly approaches. He tentatively walks towards her.

"I couldn't let you travel alone with Aunt March being so sick - even if you despise me."

Amy collapsed in his arms, "Beth was the best of us."

She pulls back to look behind her, at her fiance.

"Fred is coming with us, I want him to meet my family."

Laurie solemnly looked at the floor.

Amy closely observed his slumped form, "Andy is coming with us."

Laurie immediately looked towards her with hope shining in his eyes. He then frowned, confused since Amy looked like she was dreading the reunion.

Immediately rushing out words in case she decided to change her mind, "I know you have your heart set on Jo. But Aunt March said that Andy was willing to tie herself to someone who will be good for her. But I know Andy. She will settle for someone who will ensure our family is provided for, regardless of what she feels- "

"-Amy, I love Andy" Laurie interrupted.

She looked at Laurie's face. REALLY looked.

He looks like someone who has just seen the light of day.

"You asked me what I intend to do with my life. I didn't have a proper answer for you at the time but now I do: I intend to live my life with the woman who will be the sole owner of my heart."

Amy was so relieved.

But she knew her twin well. Andy will think that she was the consolation prize compared to Jo, "You will have to convince her that your heart is true"

Laurie understood the assignment, taking out a small white velvet box from his coat pocket.

(Imagine this is white)

Both of them looked up at the sound of multiple carriages