005

×~back off wesley~×

Logan was, once again, escorted home by Wesley. Today, however, she was much more silent than usual. A growing discomfort flooded her chest the more time she spent with him. There was just something... Off... About him. Logan could not pinpoint exactly what it was yet.

Michael trailed them again today. With the budding relationship he had with Logan, he was willing to do just about anything to ensure Wesley didn't ruin it.

Logan had not been perceptive to his flirting. It disgusted her. It made her feel filthy when he touched her with intentions. She was 12 for god sake. Her mother had nagged her constantly about creeps. Creeps that nearly perfectly fit Wesley's description; tall, scrawny, and touchy.

Why Wesley was all of those. With fluffy brown hair with eyes to match. He was persistent in his movements with her, and no matter how much she pushed him away and tried to change the subject, he would continue to chase her.

Michael watched from the treeline. Logan lived far from their school in a small, overgrown neighborhood. Few houses were still inhabited, like Logan and both her left and right neighbors. Two more laid at the top and end of the block, but that was it. No children remained here.

Behind the bunches of houses was thick woods, filled with low-hanging branches and thickets one would constantly catch their clothes on. Branches that stuck out like hands to grab you and pull you away into nothingness. That's where Michael stood, waiting. Waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Wesley always took the hiking trail back from Logan's house. It was faster than walking along the sidewalk. That's where Michael waited. Waited for Wesley to make his way back home.

Waited with a large tree branch in hand and his trusty plastic clown mask.

🖤

Logan was tired when she arrived home. She was still working through her Halloween costume and had already gotten the okay from her mother to go with Michael and his older sister, Judith.

It had taken many 'please's and faux tears, but she had allowed it. On the condition, she met his mother before she left.

Logan was to wear a petite black cat onesie. One that matched her hair. She had convinced her sister, Annie, to let her borrow her hair-streaker too, so she would have bright blue streaks in her hair. Her sister also agreed to do her makeup; minimal mascara and eyeliner whiskers. It was simple and easy.

This weekend was Halloween. Three more days that both Logan and Michael eagerly anticipated that day; both for completely different reasons. This year would be Logan's first year going out with a friend and Michael had something... Very special to do.

Logan had everything ready. Anything that was her own was laid neatly at the end of her bed, while she insisted her sister leave her chosen makeup out to make sure they didn't forget to do it.

When the sun rose, Logan was already wide awake, bouncing into her school clothes and brushing her hair eagerly. She got ready too early and ended up having breakfast early. The cereal choice of today was Lucky Charms. Which reminded her, she promised to bring a bag for Michael.

"Hey, mom? Can you bag some of this up for my lunch?" She set the cereal box on the counter. Her mother, Mrs. Brackett, only glanced at the box and smiled as she prepared a plate for her husband.