008

×~15 years ago...~×

Michael sat idly in his chair. Tonight was the night. They planned on moving him to a different facility. One that was stronger than this. He obviously recognized the opportunity to escape. But he was uncertain of the precautions Dr. Loomis would be taking to ensure his transfer.
He could only hope.

"Tonight's your last night." The floor warden, Ismael Cruz said. He was looking through the food slot.

Ismael had taken a liking to Michael ever since his transfer when he was a young boy. "Don't look so down, Mikey. I'm sure the place is much better than here." He looked around the meager room. The walls were covered in paper machè masks Michael had made over the years. The room smelled of death and glue.

"I'm gonna miss you, Mikey." He said solemnly. Although this man had practically raised him, Michael held little love in his heart for him. The only room he had was rented out to Logan.

He was silent, mourning the loss of her. It had been so long since he had last spoken to Logan, let alone seen her. He hung the letters she'd send him above his bed. He swore he could still smell her on them.

He ordered them by date. He often would recite them in his mind or under his breath to control his temper. He knew every word by memory, every pen stroke on the paper. Every cursive word she accidently wrote in between. It was obsessive. Any hint of her being near drove him crazy, despite it having been 8 years since she had written him.

Last he knew, Logan was still back in his hometown of Haddonfield. And that's where he was going.

🖤

Logan woke with a shaky start. She sat up, struggling to breathe from the vivid dream she had been sucked out of. She had been back in Haddonfield on Halloween, watching Michael Myers being dragged towards a police car. His family was being wheeled out on stretchers. But unlike real life, his sister Judith was dead, along with her boyfriend and his baby sister, Angel.

Logan ran a hair through her messy black hair, trying to calm herself. When her heartbeat steadied, she took it as an opportunity to stand and make her way towards the bathroom.

She now lived in Aurora, a small town outside Chicago. She worked as an author, working with mainly children's books. She stopped writing to Michael when she was 14 and removed any notion that he was ever in her life That allowed her to put most of her past behind her. One factor still remained. The nightmares never went away. They come back, even if it seems like they disappeared, and even stronger than before. It felt like a never-ending trail of torment that followed her everywhere she tread.

Logan looked at herself, pulling at the bags under her eyes from a restless night. She brushed out her hair and washed the sleep from her eyes. Then, she began towards the kitchen to start her breakfast. She had little in the apartment to work with, so she settled on a bowl of cereal and a graham cracker.

With the nights events still weighing on her mind, she wandered into her tiny living room and switched on the TV. Of course the news was ready to ruin her day.

"Today, Smith's Grove Sanitarium has just announced that Michael Myers is to be transfered this evening to Ridgemont Federal Sanitarium." The news woman stated, staring rather fearfully at her script. "We have Dr. Samuel Loomis here to comment today. Dr. Loomis, you've been Michael's psychiatrist for how many years?"