011

×~All Hallows Eve~×

Judith drove right up to the front of the school. Teenagers fled from their school, free at last until the next morning. Angel Myers walked up to her sisters car, throwing her bag into the front seat. Logan and Judith got out of the car to greet her.

"I haven't seen you since you were a wee baby!" Logan gushed. "You're almost as tall as me." Judith grinned as her sister tried to flee.

"You remember Logan, don't you?" Judith asked as she leaned against her car. "She came over once or twice. Maybe you were too young."

"She's like, 10 years older than me, of course I don't remember. I don't even know what I had for dinner yesterday." Angel said with a frown.

Angel jumped into the passenger seat. Logan and Cathy hopped in the back with Judith in the driver's seat. "So why are you two here? Certainly not sightseeing. Ain't nothing to see out here in Haddonfield." Angel let out a small laugh.

Logan looked at Cathy while Judith glanced at her in the rear-view mirror. They hesitated. Angel looked at the three of them with a look of concern. "What's going on?"

"I think you should let mom explain that... I don't think now is a good time." Judith said softly.

Cathy glanced anxiously at Logan as Angel thought of what to say next; she opened her mouth a few times, though decided against it. The drive continued on in silence.

When they arrived back at the house, the police cruiser and Sheriff Dixon were gone. The house somehow looked even more decrepit with the setting sun shadowing its face. Judith didn't bother pulling into the driveway. Instead, she pulled just in front of the house where the police cruiser had been an hour before. Angel was the first to point out the front door, which was ajar. No signs of life came from inside.

Judith shot Logan and Cathy a terrified look. She turned to her little sister. "Angel, Stay here. If something happens, scream as loud as physically possible." She instructed seriously. Although the blonde wanted to say something, she bit back whatever it was and sat back in her chair. Judith pulled a small pocketknife from her jeans and got out of the car. "You two stay. I'll call out when I clear the bottom floor."

"You're cute." Logan said with narrowed eyes, jumping out of the car beside her. Cathy followed. "I'm not gonna let you go alone." She reached for where her own pocketknife should have been. However, it was gone. Of course it was gone. Why wouldn't it be gone?

Cathy puffed out her chest. "And the protagonist can't go anywhere without her trusty sidekick with the dumpy."

"Fine, but I'll go first," Judith said. "The least I could do." She said in response to Logan's disapproving look. Before Logan could protest, she started towards the house. Cathy took Logan's hand and game it a reassuring squeeze.

"We're going to be okay." She said. She pulled out her pepper spray from her hip. "And if he gets anywhere near you... PEW PEW!" She pressed the stupid-proof cap to demonstrate what she meant. "Boom, Crying."

Logan couldn't help but smile. She nodded at her friend and started into the house alongside her sister's old friend. If they were going to die, it might as well be together, right?

🖤

Logan entered the house. The layout was the same as her childhood home had been. The front room was made up as a false living room, with family photos hanging off the pale blue walls. Logan noticed Michael was not in any of them. The brown leather couches were torn and covered in pillows and it looked like something was hiding under them. However, when Logan lifted one of them up, nothing was beneath.