-12- Duncan💫

I came out of my room wearing jeans with a leather jacket and a new pair of shoes that I bought. I looked at myself in the mirror at least three more times and I checked as each minute passed. I was feeling more anxious than I've ever felt and it was partly because I had never been on a date with someone I actually liked before. I had been on dates in general but never with someone I cared about. I wondered what Axel was wearing and I sighed as I had another half hour left before I could go pick him up.

He had texted me Amber's address and I had made sure I could find it with gps. Erick lived a few houses from Amber so it wasn't like I've never been in the neighborhood before. I checked my reflection one last time and decided I was ready. I got in my car and took a few calming breaths before starting the ignition and resting my knuckles on the steering wheel. My parents weren't home since they wanted to give me space since my outburst three weeks ago. I didn't feel guilty about it since they acted like I didn't exist and deserved the reality of the issue.

I was sitting in traffic , waiting for the light to go green so I could go. I tried to calm myself and almost got a fright when I got a notification from Axel. It was nearly six and that worried me. Was he canceling? I decided to find out.

Axel: Meet me at the restaurant. Jake's here and he wants to talk to Amber. Erick is pretty mad. Don't come over. xx

I wanted to drive to the restaurant and wait for Axel there but I knew that would take long. I wanted to collect him as a tradition to our first date. Another thought entered my mind. Why was Jake there? He had already threatened me and made his thoughts clear. Why threaten Amber too? I knew they hated each other and Jake hated Erick but why? So many questions and no possible answers. I didn't want to ignore Axel's wishes but at the same time I needed to be there.

Axel could be in danger and I would feel terrible if I wasn't there to save him. I continued the route to Amber's house and didn't stop to check my reflection or my phone. I just kept driving until I stopped a few metres from the house. I didn't want Jake to see my car or he'd ask questions tomorrow. I couldn't have that and I couldn't have the other guys getting suspicious. I got out of the car, put my phone and keys in my jean pocket and ran. The cold wind was in my face and my hair would probably look terrible but I had no time.

It took me five minutes before I reached Amber's house and by then it was quiet. All lights were still on and Axel was sitting on the front porch. He looked up, saw me and although he tried to act mad , I knew he was happy to see me. He walked over to me and made sure no one was looking through the window before turning to me.

"I told you to meet me at the restaurant. What if Jake sees you here?

"Then he sees me. I'm not afraid to fight him and besides I'm here to pick up my boyfriend there's nothing wrong with that.

That made him all flustered and for a second all he could do was smile. Someone tapped at the window and it was just Erick clearly signalling us that he was handling things and we could go. Axel thanked him and turned to me. Confusion was now written across his face and he seemed to be looking for something.

"Where's your car? he asked

"On the other side of the road. Jake knows what it looks like. Shall we go?

"Yes please.

We walked to my car and it didn't take long. I opened the door for him and he blushed. Soon we were in my car and I checked my reflection in the mirror. I noticed Axel watching me and smiled before starting the engine. Axel stared out the window and I turned on the radio and panic at the disco started playing. I laughed as Axel sang along to the lyrics and I noticed he actually had a pretty melodic voice. He looked at me and practically forced me to sing along. I had enough and sang along to the lyrics anyways just to satisfy him.